Made my own bushings for chinese backhoe

/ Made my own bushings for chinese backhoe #11  
Nice looking unit and thanks for the link. How much setup was there to your combo? It's my understanding that with some of the mini lathes there is quite a bit of tinkering to do before they are useable. That's one of the reasons I've been looking at Lathemaster as they're pretty much ready to go other than degreasing them upon arrival. Enjoy your new tool and I hope to join the ranks before long!

/ Made my own bushings for chinese backhoe
Other than getting all the nasty stuff off, I didn't have much to do. The ways are adjustable and I tightened them up a bit, and run a flat stone across the slide surfaces. I did buy a quick change tool post that needed some modification, but I really like being able to change tools quick and that's what I was used to working on. The machine is a long ways from a full blown machine shop, but you can get good results (+or- .001) from an affordable tool. I built a heavy duty stand with room to swing the mill head to the front so I can work on larger projects. A cheap cross slide vise mounted on the edge of the table serves as the work holder. I am also making a T-slot plate to use for milling operations on larger pcs. After reading some of the posts on 3 and 1 machines, I wonder if these negative posting people have ever used one. I have no regrets in this purchase. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif