magic jack plus

/ magic jack plus #11  
I have a mj plus and it works great. I had the original mj and it was not so good

/ magic jack plus #12  
I use Net Talk. Similar to MJ but does not require a computer. I use it in a cabin I have in Colo. Can't get cell phone reception in the cabin. It works good 95% of the time. Occassionally a few calls where I can not hear the other person or they can not hear me. Hang up, try again and seems fine. Sound quality is very good. For $30/year it is a lot cheaper than a dedicated land line. I can call anywhere in the US and Canada for free. I rent the place out in the summer. Renters can call who ever they want for free.

/ magic jack plus
what are your running your Net Talk thru?? dsl or cable internet hook-up??
i didn't know until recently, that you could have a dsl line from the phone co
without having a phone line???
heehaw

/ magic jack plus #14  
I have a neighbor doing a work hitch in Russia for a couple of years, they have a MJ plus with at local number. Other than paying attention to their time zone, you would not know they are half a world away. The sound was crystal clear.

/ magic jack plus
i made three home phone to home phone long distance calls the other day: and they were so bad i couldn't understand the people i called...mjp has not been any where near that bad so far:
heehaw

/ magic jack plus #16  
I bought one the other day, and for what it is I am happy with it. Use it on the shop computer that gets it's internet via wireless. Saved me the cost of running phone line out to the shop for a phone. Also was not able to get a local phone #. If my wife wants to call me from the house it's a toll call.

/ magic jack plus #17  
Been useing MJ now for almost 2 years. I like it so much I cancelled my land line:thumbsup:. What I like best is that when I do not have it turned on or when another call comes through while Iam on a call the caller goes directly to voice mail and a little beep sounds on my end to let me know that a call just went to voice mail. Another plus is since I have started useing MJ I have not had 1 single unwanted call (tella marketer or such).
The down sides are if someone is trying to find you you are not in the directory and 911 service in my area will not reccognize a MJ number (here 911 is not free a monthly fee is added to your phone bill and since I no longer have an account with a local phone service I donot have 911) To get around that I have direct fire and ambulance in my favorites on the phone, As for police, "forget about it" the last time I needed them it took over 2 hours for a car to show up, as far as police around here we are on our own.