Maglite flashlight switch bad

/ Maglite flashlight switch bad #1  

QueBota

Gold Member
Tractor
B2910
Have a 25 yo 4 D cell with LED conversion. Switch has gone bad, works intermittently.

Probably from lack of use, new small LED flashlights have advanced so much, do use the big ones often, sometimes need the extra candle power. It puts out a lot of light and lasts a long time on 4 rechargeable D cells.

Was my father's (RIP) service flashlight, lots of wear on the body, they used to use them as batons. Would like to repair if possible. I wouldn't swap for a new one if Maglite offered a replacement.

Is the switch serviceable? Never had an ounce of trouble with any Maglite before, very reliable.

Thanks,
Q

/ Maglite flashlight switch bad #2  
Check ebay. I have sourced Maglite parts from there. Amazon may have switches too. Make sure you get the right switch. There were changes made base on serial numbers, etc.

SimS

/ Maglite flashlight switch bad
Thanks, going to try to contact Maglite when they open. Didn't know they were a west coast company.

Will have to check YouTube for a Maglite switch replacement video, never done/seen it done before.

Very surprised when the switch failed last night.
Q

/ Maglite flashlight switch bad #4  
Mag lights have a lifetime warranty. Send it to them they will repair and refurb it for you for free (at least the last time it was free(.

paul

/ Maglite flashlight switch bad
I would be reluctant to ship this particular unit to Maglite, even if they did the shipping/repair for free.

Was my fathers service flashlight, would hate to loose it or have them send me back a rebuilt/new flashlight.

Would prefer to keep the defective switch unit on the shelf, has great sentimental value.

Thanks,
Q

Mag lights have a lifetime warranty. Send it to them they will repair and refurb it for you for free (at least the last time it was free(.

paul

/ Maglite flashlight switch bad #7  
I recall the switches being "self cleaning".
Switch it a few dozen times, see if it "cleans itself".........

/ Maglite flashlight switch bad #8  
Then I would contact MAG. I am sure that they will sell you a new switch. (909) 947-1006

paul

/ Maglite flashlight switch bad #9  
Then I would contact MAG. I am sure that they will sell you a new switch. (909) 947-1006 paul

I think mag would like to know the story and why it's so important. They'd probably be happy to help you out.

/ Maglite flashlight switch bad #10  
Call mag.

Their warranty dept is excellent in my experience. Given their close relationships with police and other public service agencies, I would not be surprised if they will agree to repair your light. For my lights, their was no sentimental attachment and they just sent new ones.