Comparison Mahindra 1626 vs. Kubota L2501 vs. Yanmar SA424 vs. Kioti CK2610

/ Mahindra 1626 vs. Kubota L2501 vs. Yanmar SA424 vs. Kioti CK2610 #31  
Congrats! I think you made a good choice for that class of tractor, unless you're trying to run larger pto equipment or are using it for paying jobs and need to work faster the 2610 will work great for you.

As for the old tractor, if you enjoy restoring equipment or it has sentimental value then keep it and make a project of it, take it to steam and gas shows or just enjoy it. If not I'm sure someone out there would love to buy it and do something with it.

/ Mahindra 1626 vs. Kubota L2501 vs. Yanmar SA424 vs. Kioti CK2610 #32  
Congrats on the new tractor.

/ Mahindra 1626 vs. Kubota L2501 vs. Yanmar SA424 vs. Kioti CK2610 #34  
Congrats on your new tractor.

Consider a set of pallet forks for a LOT less money than a grapple. You can do almost everything a grapple will do with them and a whole lot a grapple WON'T do.....like move things on pallets. And you'll find everything now goes on pallets..... :D

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

/ Mahindra 1626 vs. Kubota L2501 vs. Yanmar SA424 vs. Kioti CK2610 #35  
Here's a picture of the BH mounted on my friends CK2610 just to get an idea since you might not be able to look at one in person.View attachment 685790

AND it points out a big fault in tractor backhoes.....not only are most of them way under powered, but they have about 1/3 the reach of a full sized backhoe....meaning digging a ditch is: dig a little ways, get off, move the machine, get back in the seat, dig a little ways......OR as in the photo....make it a 2 man job. :D

I seriously doubt most tractor backhoe owners ever break even on the cost of the unit compared to just renting a full sized machine. I know I didn't, and it left with my previous tractor.

/ Mahindra 1626 vs. Kubota L2501 vs. Yanmar SA424 vs. Kioti CK2610 #36  
AND it points out a big fault in tractor backhoes.....not only are most of them way under powered, but they have about 1/3 the reach of a full sized backhoe....meaning digging a ditch is: dig a little ways, get off, move the machine, get back in the seat, dig a little ways.
Or simply dig a little ways, stick the backhoe bucket in the ground, shove the tractor ahead, dig some more.
Works for me.
Always been pleased with the power of my tractor backhoe. Does just fine. I have a 12", 18" and 36" bucket

/ Mahindra 1626 vs. Kubota L2501 vs. Yanmar SA424 vs. Kioti CK2610 #37  
I just wanted to tell everyone that I was approved for finance to buy a Kioti CK 2610 today. It was still in the crate and needs to be put together before being delivered next week. I seriously considered the 3510 while I was at the dealer for just a couple thousand more, but I couldn't get past the regeneration issues and went with the 2610.

I just joined a few days ago, but you guys will likely be sick of me in another week or two. Happy to be part of the tractorbynet crew!

Now.... what do I do with this old Ford-Ferguson?

You'll be glad that you did, don't forget to post pics when you get it. That old Ford doesn't owe you anything... park it in your shed until you decide what to do with it.

Different opinions on the BH... I put about 250 hours/year on and mine is one of the most used implements I own, second only to my logging winch. It doesn't rip stumps out of the ground but I can finesse them out unless they are gigantic. In the time that it would take me to drive 50 miles, rent something bigger and bring it home I can hook mine up, do what needs to be done and take it off again.

/ Mahindra 1626 vs. Kubota L2501 vs. Yanmar SA424 vs. Kioti CK2610
Thank you everyone. I'm pretty **** excited about it. Unfortunately, it's still in the crate at the dealer and they won't be able to even START putting it together until next week. :(
Oh, and did I mention that Kioti is 3+ months out on the backhoe attachment? Going to be a long wait on that one.

Until then I'm just going to sit and read the manual while twiddling my fingers.
Attachments I need to buy include a stump grinder, grapple, and maybe a set of forks.

It looks like the only options for stump grinders are the Baumalight 1P24 and the Woodland Mills SG24. Got a recommendation? The Woodland one is cheaper...

/ Mahindra 1626 vs. Kubota L2501 vs. Yanmar SA424 vs. Kioti CK2610 #39  
Don't skimp on forks, you get what you pay for. I bought a set of cheap Chinese forks from a major dealer and promptly broke out the backing plate. They are setting out in the scrap pile and while it would sometimes be nice to have them for moving pallets, my grapple works much better for most purposes I need them for. In hindsight I should have bought the grapple in the first place

/ Mahindra 1626 vs. Kubota L2501 vs. Yanmar SA424 vs. Kioti CK2610 #40  
Congrats on the new tractor! I honestly think you made a good choice.