Mahindra 2555 HST won't go forward (reverse works)

/ Mahindra 2555 HST won't go forward (reverse works) #1  

2555hstowner

Tractor
Mahindra 2555 HST
Today when I cranked up my Mahindra 2555 HST it would'nt go forward, but reverse worked fine. There were no strange noises or anything else out of the ordinary. I just press the pedal and nothing happens. The last time I used the tractor everything worked fine. Is there anything obvious I can check?

/ Mahindra 2555 HST won't go forward (reverse works) #2  
I have a 2555 HST (2018). I have both forward and reverse issues. I take the connectors under the floor board apart and blow them out with air or a contact cleaner for electrical connections. Seems to work for a short time and not always. I have had it to the dealer, they replaced the main HST module which lasted about 50 hours now the same issues. I don't have a permanent solution but sure would like to find one.

/ Mahindra 2555 HST won't go forward (reverse works)
3 years later and I'm still having the same issues with my 2555 HST. The most common thing that happens is I'll the rolling along and the tractor will stop just as if I took my foot off the forward pedal (the engine continues to run and sound fine). When it does this, if I press the forward pedal nothing happens. I recently discovered that if I simultaneously press both the the forward and *brake* pedal the tractor will work fine again. This fixes it every time. Another thing that I've noticed is that it seems to stall out like this whenever I go over a rough patch of ground or hit a hard bump of some kind. There also seems to be a correlation between it stalling and running a max RPMs, i.e. if I run at 200 +/- RPMs less than max, it doesn't seem to happen as often.

I have a 2555 HST (2018). I have both forward and reverse issues. I take the connectors under the floor board apart and blow them out with air or a contact cleaner for electrical connections. Seems to work for a short time and not always. I have had it to the dealer, they replaced the main HST module which lasted about 50 hours now the same issues. I don't have a permanent solution but sure would like to find one.

/ Mahindra 2555 HST won't go forward (reverse works) #4  
Mine is the exact same reaction, rolling along and just stops like I have taken my foot off the petal as you say. I haven't tried the break and forward petal at the same time but will. I hadn't thought about it but when i was working it this week i was running above 2000 and did'n't have any issues, the last couple of days i have been around 1700 just picking up brush and piling. I may see if i keep it above the 2000 range if that cuts down on the times i have issues. I also haven't noticed going over rough areas make any difference, I have pastures that wild hogs have rooted up and it is really rough. I will let you know what I find

/ Mahindra 2555 HST won't go forward (reverse works)
Keeping it at a lower RPM (not higher) seems to help the issue.

/ Mahindra 2555 HST won't go forward (reverse works) #6  
Worked the tractor yesterday most of the day both above 2000 and below. Never had one issue with it at all, this is typical, I may go a week or two working the machine with no issues then have trouble getting it back to the barn. The last think I did to it the last time issues sprang up was clean the contacts under the floor board with the electrical conductivity cleaner.

/ Mahindra 2555 HST won't go forward (reverse works) #7  
I have the same tractor and I don’t have forward sometimes, but always reverse. I can’t seem to unplug the electrical connection for the Forward. Is there a trick to release them? There is no push tab to push before attempting to pull off.
Did you ever find a solution to this issue?

/ Mahindra 2555 HST won't go forward (reverse works) #8  
Worked the tractor yesterday most of the day both above 2000 and below. Never had one issue with it at all, this is typical, I may go a week or two working the machine with no issues then have trouble getting it back to the barn. The last think I did to it the last time issues sprang up was clean the contacts under the floor board with the electrical conductivity cleaner.
I have this same tractor and I sometimes don’t have Forward. Did cleaning the contacts solve the problem?

/ Mahindra 2555 HST won't go forward (reverse works) #9  
Today when I cranked up my Mahindra 2555 HST it would'nt go forward, but reverse worked fine. There were no strange noises or anything else out of the ordinary. I just press the pedal and nothing happens. The last time I used the tractor everything worked fine. Is there anything obvious I can check?
I have this same tractor and I don’t have Forward. I am going along and the F on dash flashes and the power is killed like there is a short or something but the connect under floor for both F and R are tight and no lose wires.
I can’t do anything with this tractor because it keeps cutting out. Did you ever find a solution to this issue?

/ Mahindra 2555 HST won't go forward (reverse works) #10  
I have this same tractor and I don’t have Forward. I am going along and the F on dash flashes and the power is killed like there is a short or something but the connect under floor for both F and R are tight and no lose wires.
I can’t do anything with this tractor because it keeps cutting out. Did you ever find a solution to this issue?
I have the same issue with my 2555. Did you ever get a answer for the problem?