Mahindra 2565 RPM Issue

/ Mahindra 2565 RPM Issue #21  
No issues like that at all. Simply works for hours and if I lower the throttle, it won't go higher.

/ Mahindra 2565 RPM Issue #22  
Hope they fix it for you

/ Mahindra 2565 RPM Issue
Our 2565 has been at the dealer over two weeks.
District Service Rep is supposed to look at it tomorrow.
H K

/ Mahindra 2565 RPM Issue #24  
I was JUST going to ask you the status of yours since you started this thread! 2 weeks without a tractor....not nice!

/ Mahindra 2565 RPM Issue #25  
After dropping your RPM have you tried turning the tractor off, then restarting to see if it will rev back up?
I know its a pain but if this works, guaranteed its an electronics issue, if it doesnt make a difference its most likely a heat issue.

/ Mahindra 2565 RPM Issue #26  
Yes...if I turn it off and then back on within a SHORT period of time, it does not work. If I wait a couple of hours or the next day, it begins working again.

Our tractor was delivered back home this evening.
I'm told the District Service Rep looked at it yesterday.
I was told:
Darren came by.
Checked Unit
Updated ECU
Advised machine is in proper working order.
No codes showing
All connections checked
Did not find a problem with the RPMs in that the tractor was achieving the level of performance it was designed for

I find it baffling how a District Service Rep or anyone can state:

the tractor was achieving the level of performance it was designed for

as I know for a fact that the dealer DOES NOT have a dyno.

On the service order there is a notation:
Service manual states maximum RPM is 2500

As I don't have a service manual and can't find another 2565 owner to talk to I'm at a loss to challenge that statement.
I do think it strange that an engine would have a designated redline 300 RPM over what the engine cold achieve.

At this point I can pay to have it hauled to a dealer who has a dyno and see if:
or just forget about it.

At my age I won't be buying another tractor so it really doesn't matter to Mahindra if I'm in the 3% of disatisfied customers or not.
I do have younger ag type friends though.

Thanks to all for your input.
H K

/ Mahindra 2565 RPM Issue #28  
So it may be fixed properly, but we do not really know until you put it to work due to the dealers inability to put it on a dyno? Let's hope it performs strong. If you actually have 65 engine HP after this "fix", it certainly should perform well. Fingers crossed.

/ Mahindra 2565 RPM Issue #29  
I *REALLY* hope between the two of us, we can get this fixed.

My dealer did NOT indicate any ECU update though...he said there's one pending for September or October.

I can't/won't let this go...we have someone haying our 32 acres now, but in a couple of years, we'll be doing and I MUST have full PTO speed to run the implements.

Had I thoroughly read the manual I might not have been so dogmatic that the engine should run higher RPMs than it did.
Page 88 clearly states that maximum RPM is 2500 +- 50 RPM.

Prior to taking it in it would approach 2500 in a no load condition.
Now it will turn almost exactly 2500 RPM and did not seem to drop down any when I drove it down the highway in high gear.
However, I have not had time or the occasion to see if the tractor will maintain its RPM when called on to really work.
I'm certainly hoping that it will.
I readily acknowledge that it does now run the specified RPM.
Yet, without putting it in a work situation or on a dyno I'm not sure anyone can state with assurance and validity that:
If we continue to get some rain I might get a second cutting and will be able to see how it does with the Vermeer 5410.
I really don't want to spend $400+ to get it hauled to a dealer that has a dyno and checked out but if it doesn't keep its power under a load I guess I have no choice.
Thanks to all who contributed.
H K
PS Dealer "forgot" to change hydraulic fluid, filter, and service front axle at its 50 hour service so I'll do that in the next week or so.