Mahindra 2638 leaking hydrolic fluid from the backhoe attachment

/ Mahindra 2638 leaking hydrolic fluid from the backhoe attachment #1  

J_wolfe69

Tractor
9Greatkids*
There is not a dealer around me to take this to so I need some help. My backhoe started leaking fluid at the bucket cylinder. It's not a hose but I think at the cap plug where the hose attaches. Do the caps unscrew? I don't want to put a wrench on it if they do not and make it worse. I suspect it's a ring that needs replaced in there. I'm not familiar with these things at all.

/ Mahindra 2638 leaking hydrolic fluid from the backhoe attachment #2  
Cylinder needs rebuilt. I'd take it to a hydraulic shop and have it done as it appears that you lack the experience to do it and probably the tools as well.

/ Mahindra 2638 leaking hydrolic fluid from the backhoe attachment #3  
There is not a dealer around me to take this to so I need some help. My backhoe started leaking fluid at the bucket cylinder. It's not a hose but I think at the cap plug where the hose attaches. Do the caps unscrew? I don't want to put a wrench on it if they do not and make it worse. I suspect it's a ring that needs replaced in there. I'm not familiar with these things at all.

Not sure what the "cap plug" is but where the hydraulic hose attaches to the cylinder is an inlet. It is usually a threaded fitting. You should be able to loosen and remove that fitting and apply some teflon tape to the threads and reattach. Be prepared to make a mess with hydraulic fluid so use a catch basin underneath. Also make sure the teflon tape is applied a thread or or two away from the end of the fitting.

I hope this helps!

Last edited:
   / Mahindra 2638 leaking hydrolic fluid from the backhoe attachment
Not sure what the "cap plug" is but where the hydraulic hose attaches to the cylinder is an inlet. It is usually a threaded fitting. You should be able to loosen and remove that fitting and apply some teflon tape to the threads and reattach. Be prepared to make a mess with hydraulic fluid so use a catch basin underneath. Also make sure the teflon tape is applied a thread or or two away from the end of the fitting.

I hope this helps!
The manuel I got for it calls it a cap plug but I think we are talking about the same thing. Machine only has about 100 hours but I'm pretty rough with it. Thanks for the insite !