Mahindra 2638 vs Branson 3725 with HST

/ Mahindra 2638 vs Branson 3725 with HST #1  

aneuploidy

Tractor
John Deere 510D Backhoe/Loader
Hi, I am going to pick up one of these 2 tractors this week. I am leaning toward the Mahindra but they are about the same price and the Branson is heavier with more lift for the FEL. There are 3 Branson dealers in the Dallas area so I think the support here should be ok. Would appreciate any thoughts or opinions.
Thanks

/ Mahindra 2638 vs Branson 3725 with HST #2  
I would visit the dealers and "audit" or vet them carefully as there can be a night and day difference between them. Visit their service and parts departments and ask about availability of routine items such as air and oil filters. See how many of the Mahindra's or Branson's there are in the shop being worked on. Are there many tractors that have been sitting on the lot "forever" or do they have a good turnover of stock?

/ Mahindra 2638 vs Branson 3725 with HST #3  
I bought one of the 2 you're looking at. Honestly, I bought my dealer, not my brand. First impressions were, "this is my guy", and after a year, I haven't had any reason to rethink that. Take a very close look at each dealer, how they operate, how they treat you, service, etc.

I'm happy with mine. It's slightly different than your candidate, as mine has a cab. Don't underestimate the value of the heavier weight. My cab unit, with FEL (and bucket), rear box blade (72") and filled rear tires weighs 7100 lbs. That's weighed on a CAT scale, not a wild guess or estimate. I can do most of my work in 2nd gear on the HST, and only seldom use 1st if I'm pushing a big pile of dirt or gravel. The diff lock comes in handy when I'm mowing my road ditches, as I have one area I have to climb that's very steep. I have a 72" brush hog, and I've never hit anything heavy enough to bog the engine down, it runs over brush and waist high grass/weeds as fast as I'm comfortable in running it (over semi-rough ground, pastures, etc). The only time I ever use 3rd gear is on the few occasions that I "road" the tractor.

Edited to add--

I've had no problems picking up and moving full size round bales with my tractor. I put a bale spike on the SSQA, in place of the bucket, and just stab the bale, pick it up and go. No problems dropping it in the round feeder either. This is with my box blade on the back for ballast. But my rears are filled with Rim Guard.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to PM me.

/ Mahindra 2638 vs Branson 3725 with HST #4  
Here is another vote for the Branson. I have a 2004 2535 Century that is equivalent to the older Branson 3510's.. The only problem I have had was I had to replace the fuel pump with a NAPA pump and replace the glow plugs a couple of years ago. It is heavily built and has done a lot of loader work with a shuttle transmission, no HST. It will pull a 6" bush without too much problem, although you do need to slow down in heavy grass. Simple tractor and I have not had problems finding parts. But to be honest, in Virginia there is not a strong dealer network. But from what I read the Texas area has a lot better dealer coverage. As someone may point out, the parent company, Kukje makes engines under license for Cummins. I have > 1040 hours and the original battery. I bought this tractor because, at the time it had a Chzech loader that was heavier than the Branson loader at that time. W.Jones

/ Mahindra 2638 vs Branson 3725 with HST #5  
I was looking at the Mahindra 2538 and the Branson 3520. Same dealer for both, and they're really great. The Mahindra seemed lower which I liked as I operate on slopes. Might just be the operator's station that's lower. I liked the HST pedal placement and feel on the Mahindra. The Bransons seemed to have a higher build quality to me. I liked the concept of the Mahindra's no DPF fuel injected motor, though the Branson mechanical injection and continuous DPF regen is also good. What clinched the decision for me was that the Mahindra needs to go to the dealer for ECU upgrades. Since the dealer's 4 hours away and I'd have to rent a trailer, I really want to avoid trips to the dealer. In the end we went with the 3725 as it's smoother and more powerful than the 3520. So far at 90 hours and just under a year I've been pretty happy with it.... I only wish I'd gotten a 4225 when it bogs down while chipping a large piece.

/ Mahindra 2638 vs Branson 3725 with HST
Thanks for the input. I am going to go see the Branson tomorrow. I drove and really like the Mahindra, but it seems like you get much more tractor with the Branson. Thanks again for the help.

/ Mahindra 2638 vs Branson 3725 with HST #7  
Hi, I am going to pick up one of these 2 tractors this week. I am leaning toward the Mahindra but they are about the same price and the Branson is heavier with more lift for the FEL. There are 3 Branson dealers in the Dallas area so I think the support here should be ok. Would appreciate any thoughts or opinions.
Thanks

Big Red's in Granbury and a dealer in Sulphur Springs with a story in Emory are 2 I use for parts. i do my own labor but Big red's seems to be a full service large scale facility. Don't know about facilities in SS.

Big Red's in Granbury and a dealer in Sulphur Springs with a story in Emory are 2 I use for parts. i do my own labor but Big red's seems to be a full service large scale facility. Don't know about facilities in SS.

Thank you for the lead. I will give them a call. I did stop by Big Tex Tractors today in Caddo Mills and drove the Branson. It is one stout tractor. Looks and feels strong. Definitely has more bells and whistles than the Mahindra, but it is a couple thousand more than the Mahindra price wise. The Mahindra definitely felt more nimble to me as far as driving/maneuvering but I guess that makes sense since it is a thousand lbs lighter. I like em both. Will be a tough decision. I really appreciate all the help.

Thanks again.

/ Mahindra 2638 vs Branson 3725 with HST #9  
So what did you end up getting?

And where are the pictures?

:D

So what did you end up getting?

And where are the pictures?

:D

Well now, interestingly enough, I've kinda bumped my way up to pursuing a Branson 4720H. I really like these tractors. Will probably pick one up this week. Just trying to decide on implements at this point in time. Probably gonna put a rear remote on it. Will post pics as soon as I get it home. Thank you for the help. :)