Mahindra 2816 Loader Question

/ Mahindra 2816 Loader Question #1  

duckhunt

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L4240HSTC
I recently purchased a 2009 Mahindra 2816 w/106 loader. I have been clearing brush and small trees with my cutter and loader in hopes of a future home site. Being a rather new tractor operator my question is that does it damage or hurt the FEL when you try to pickup or curl an object that is to heavy. For instance trying to curl or lift a root ball out of the ground. I've encountered this several times so far but I assume that the hydralic system can handle the pressure as long as its only for a couple of seconds. Please advise.

Thanks for the help.

/ Mahindra 2816 Loader Question #2  
There is a relief valve, either in the tractor hydraulics, or the loader valve or both. This prevents the pump side of the hydraulics from ever seeing too high a pressure. Pressures can go much higher in the loader lines when you push or carry a heavy load, but this is isolated from the pump when the joystick is centered. If you try to lift or curl while pushing the relief comes back into the circuit and you may actually lose height as you try to lift. - A bit :confused: til you have an idea whats happening.:)
larry

/ Mahindra 2816 Loader Question
Thanks SPYDERLK. I just wanted to make sure I wasnt going to blow anything out.

/ Mahindra 2816 Loader Question #4  
I have had some big rocks that my FEL would not pick up. So I just wrap a chain around it and drag it!