Mahindra 3016 vs 3616

/ Mahindra 3016 vs 3616 #21  
You can't go wrong with the 3616. If it were available back in 2005, I would have bought one. Congratulations on becoming a Mahindra owner. It was a smart move getting the tires filled.

/ Mahindra 3016 vs 3616 #22  
Brian, I think you are pretty close. No two implements are created equal and I would say some of your implement prices are on the low side. I have to assume they are pretty light duty. We sell mostly heavy duty stuff here. The tractor pricing should be more like $2,200 difference between models, but I don't know if one is last years model and one is this years. There have been price increases due to rising steel and fuel costs over the past year. Both tractors are the same size and weight and use the exact same front loader and tires so PTO horsepower is all that you gain for the extra money. I would say that either one should do great with 5 ft implements, but you want to check the specs on the implement to be sure.

/ Mahindra 3016 vs 3616 #23  
Brian, I think you are pretty close. No two implements are created equal and I would say some of your implement prices are on the low side. I have to assume they are pretty light duty. We sell mostly heavy duty stuff here. The tractor pricing should be more like $2,200 difference between models, but I don't know if one is last years model and one is this years. There have been price increases due to rising steel and fuel costs over the past year. Both tractors are the same size and weight and use the exact same front loader and tires so PTO horsepower is all that you gain for the extra money. I would say that either one should do great with 5 ft implements, but you want to check the specs on the implement to be sure.

Actually the implements are heavy-duty... he just priced them great for me. Also the 3616 has a slightly larger loader on it... at least the model # of the loader is different than on the 3016.

3016 = ML115
3616 = ML115 SKC

Not sure exactly what the difference is ... the dealer told me it was slightly larger...

The main reason I went with the 3616 is the PTO HP ... will run that tiller better and I'm going to be using it quite a bit.

Thanks.

Brian

/ Mahindra 3016 vs 3616 #24  
... Also the 3616 has a slightly larger loader on it... at least the model # of the loader is different than on the 3016.

3016 = ML115
3616 = ML115 SKC

Not sure exactly what the difference is ... the dealer told me it was slightly larger...

Brian
The loaders are interchangeable. The skc just gives you the skid steer universal quick attach bucket. That is really handy if you need to switch out to forks or something.

/ Mahindra 3016 vs 3616 #25  
The SKC is just quick attach, it is the same loader and has the same capacities. It actually should have been about $500 less with the standard loader than the quick attach upgrade. I would ask your dealer to refrain from telling you what he thinks and only tell you what he KNOWS. Enjoy your 3616 and good luck with your garden this year!

/ Mahindra 3016 vs 3616 #26  
I went and looked at a 3016 shuttle today. Del said price depends on what financing route i took. went with 4.25% and price was $15385 with fel and rear tires filled. rear remote was $800 and quick attach was $250. and this is at 1 of the assembly points in usa. had lots of 4010 but he said was straight gear or hydro only. I am asking some opionons on this does this sound inline or loaded??

/ Mahindra 3016 vs 3616 #27  
I've moved my orignal intrest from the MAX 28XL, to the 3016 or possibly the 3616. I've been doing a lot of reading in the past couple weeks since I've joined this forum, and its given me a lot of things to consider, that I never thought about. I've only had the chance to actually see the Kubota and Mahindra, but I'm going to at least take a look at the Bobcat, and possibly the Kioti, just to see what they have to offer in similar machines. I would prefer to stay close to home with my purchase, but the only brands I have within a 50 mile radius are the Kubota, Mahindra, and Bobcat. I do have NH and JD, but I think they will be considerably more $ for a comparable tractor.

/ Mahindra 3016 vs 3616 #28  
I can buy a 3016 with shuttle and quick attatch loader for 14,500 at our dealership here in town.
I was looking at kubota, but i think mahindra has more for your money deal.

/ Mahindra 3016 vs 3616 #29  
Finally took delivery this past Thursday.

Been using it a bit and getting used to it. The 3616 seems to have good power and has done everything I've asked of it so far ... although I haven't done a whole lot yet.

Very glad I got it.... seems like a good solid tractor.

Can't wait for the years of fun to come.

Thanks all that helped on here.

Brian

/ Mahindra 3016 vs 3616 #30  
First post to this forum, NEWBIE! I too couldn't make up my mind 28xl, 3016,3616. I have 6 acres of flat fine loam pasture. No care for 50 years.

I used a Bobcat 122 (about the physical size of xl28) to rotary cut weeds and I needed a chiroprator when I was done. I feel the 28xl is good size for my small farm but I'm afraid, if I don't go with 3016 or 3616, I will be lame before I get the land prepared. Sooo I thought 3016 would be a good compromise. but could it handle a large rototiller? I have a 9N and 2b plow, disc, lister and cultivator from dad, but the 9N doesn't run. Hence looking for new tractor. Will the 3016 basically handle larger implements in good soil?

Should I just man up and buy 28xl for 2yrs, getting the land setup and stay small and less expensive. I would think it would be good size for maintence.