Mahindra 3505

/ Mahindra 3505 #1  

Anonymous Poster

Just got a quote on a Mahindra 3505 with loader -- $14,000. Mahindra is also offering good finance terms until end of year.

Are there any other tractors with loaders that are in the 35 hp range that I should consider? One limiting factor is the availability of a local dealer. Weekend get-a-way spot is near Lake City, Fla.

/ Mahindra 3505 #2  
Kioti has a some nice tractors in that range. They have a 3054 which is 30hp. A DK35 which is 35 and a DK40 which is 40hp. Those area all 4wd. They also offer a 3052 i believe which is 30hp but only 2wd. Chris

/ Mahindra 3505 #3  
Not too many small utility tractors around in that price range.

Check on a Massey 231s,or maybe the smallest Zetor.

/ Mahindra 3505 #4  
Another Indian-made tractor is the Farmtrac from Long Agribusiness. Check them out at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.longagri.com/>here</A>.
Where the Mahindra is built using the old IH tooling, the Farmtracs use the old Ford tooling. Both of them offer a lotta horses and a lotta weight for not a lotta money. They both have been brought up to US safety standards, but that is all the "modern"-ess they have.

Good luck!

Mark

Sorry about the picture size - it's from Long's site.
FarmTrac.jpg

/ Mahindra 3505 #5  
Isn't a 3505 a 2wd model? Are you sure you want a tractor without 4wd that has a loader?
Check out Branson tractors. I hear they are the best value for the money right now.

/ Mahindra 3505 #6  
check this out!!!
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1925615679>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1925615679</A>

/ Mahindra 3505 #7  
Holy C#@p!!!! Somebody buy this tractor NOW!!!! Only an hour left on the auction. Oh, the humanity, the humanity....../w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif
Mark

/ Mahindra 3505 #8  
I agree. If I didn't already have a tractor I would buy it.
All that is missing is some R4's

/ Mahindra 3505
Thanks for all the info.

No Long or Massey dealer nearby. I looked at the Kioti and Branson, but we decided to go with the Mahindra 3505.

Neither could beat Mahindra on financing (in these times, every dollar saved counts). Also, the Mahindra weighs more than either and has a larger lift and load capacity.

Yes, the 3505 is 2wd, but we aren't looking a moving a lot of dirt around or digging into huge dirt piles. We (my wife grew up on a farm and drove tractors before cars; I grew up in the city and the only tractor I owned was pedal-powered) feel the extra money to get a 4wd is not justified for our little piece of country paradise.

Thanks again for all the input.

/ Mahindra 3505 #10  
Ahhh......but if you have never had the chance to experience a mfd loader tractor,you do not know what you are missing. It's like the difference between leaving a convertible down in a hurricane,vs putting the top up!! There is just no comparison when you turn the wheels and they pull you through instead of just plowing straight ahead!!

The new Mahindra 4500 with mfd might be worth looking into if you have not already. It has newer technology,plus a 3 year warranty!!

It looks like Mahindra is here to stay. Besides the new 00 series they have a 85 hp tractor coming shortly and are working on tractors up to 125 hp. Now if they'd just come up here!!