Mahindra 3535 or the 4035 or another

/ Mahindra 3535 or the 4035 or another #11  
Tell your dealer to call Mahindra. There is a fix for the PTO problem. The first models out were missing the accumulator assembly that slows down the PTO engagement. Without it the PTO starts so fast no shear bolt can take the instant hit. It is not a kit that can be installed in the field it will have to go into the shop.

Buck

/ Mahindra 3535 or the 4035 or another
Buck

Thanks for the info. do not want to make two trips. my dealer is about 30 miles away. I just emailed him to find out if this could be the issue. It make since and explains more since than something in the gear box was hanging up.

Later

Buck

Thank you for the advice. You saved me some diesel and a drive. The dealer is about 40 miles away. I was going to take the shredder back till I got your recomendation. I emailed and called the dealer and sure enough you were correct.

The dealer then informed after I asked how long he said they would have to get it in and order the parts. I then asked why they could not order the parts and then bring it over to limit my down time since it does not affect the bucket anyway he said Mahindra policy was before they would order parts under warranty he would have to take pictures. I emailed him back and said they knew and know about the problem and maybe I should just return the tractor. It was a week old today. not sure I would of gotten any where with that since I put 10 hours on it and used it so it has scratches on it.

Any way with in 30 minutes he said the parts will be here on Tuesday and bring it in and He would put it first and have me back out by wed.

So hope it goes as planned.

Thanks again.

Later

The dealer followed through. They were not happy with Mahindra for not publishing this. He thought it was real bad for a customer to know more than what they did. they ask mahindra why they were not told. They responded that they did not show they had purchased any of these units. He said they are no researching the other 40 they have sold and one other on the lot also has the same problem. He said most of the ones he sold were sold with a shredder so he figures they are fine. Just the few that were sold with other uses.

So get to try out the shredder this weekend so we can finally get a real feel for the lay of the land.

Thanks.

/ Mahindra 3535 or the 4035 or another #16  
I would suggest that you talk to your dealer about the problem being with the tractor not the shredder. There have been some complaints about this series shearing bolts when the PTO is engaged. Make sure that the tractor is at a idle when you engage the PTO. Mahindra is aware of these complaints and your dealers service rep can help him with this issue.
Good luck with this issue and congradulations on your purchase. You have a really nice machine. I'm sure that you will love it.

/ Mahindra 3535 or the 4035 or another #17  
OOPS!! I replied to this when it was first mentioned without realizing that there were other posts saying the same thing.

/ Mahindra 3535 or the 4035 or another #18  
OOPS!! I replied to this when it was first mentioned without realizing that there were other posts saying the same thing.

The first couple hundred of the iPTO Branson's that were produced did this as well. PTO engagement was as soft as a 10 pound hammer. It took a while, but they came up with a fix for that as well to make a soft start.

It's a little embarrasing that Mahindra shipped a few of these without the accumulator, but you can be sure it will be rectified properly and quickly. Mahindra is proud of this tractor, and rightly so. If any of you haven't yet seen one, you will be impressed.

Thanks Buck at EFC for the "accumulator" terminology. I was going to call it a soft start thingamjig. I appreciate your input, you seem to always be ahead of the curve on the mechanical and engineering issues and that is helpful to both customers and other dealers.

/ Mahindra 3535 or the 4035 or another #19  
Dave, we actually built one in house and I was telling Mahindra about it and they said "oh we already built a kit....didnt you know?". Well I guess I do now :)

Buck

thanks for all the imput.

The fix took care of the problem. Shredded about 3 acre today and no problem. Still getting use to what it will handle and taking it slow since this is the first time I have been over the entire property since weh bought it. Some areas the weeds/grass was 5'-6' tall so takingi it a little slower in those areas. plus the land has some wash outs we have to watch for. My wife finally got out and drove for about an hour. This is all new to her. I tried to get her to do some other work on it but she was not sure about that. Any one want a late 40's pontiac. There was one on the property. I do not think it is restorable but it has some trim pieces that are in great shape. I even took the time today to get it pulled out. going to do some checking around to see if it is worth any more than salvage metal. If someone is restoring one it has some trim that is in great shape along with a few parts of the body.

Thanks

Don