Mahindra 4530 problems

/ Mahindra 4530 problems #1  

Kbaer

Tractor
Mahindra 4530 (2008)
I just purchased a Mahinda 4530 from Iowa. Though the tractor had a mixed blend, it acted as if the fuel was gelled when I started it here in North Dakota the next morning. It had been below zero that night. I added fuel treatment, let it idle for a long time and it then began to run alright. I parked it in a heated shop for the day and then drove it home. It had about a half tank of the mixed diesel so I added eight more gallons of number 1. The tractor ran fine for the first six miles but then began to spit and sputter at higher RPM's when I got home and began to move snow. Outside temp was approx 13 degrees. Any suggestions?

/ Mahindra 4530 problems #2  
Does the tractor run fine at lower RPMs? I think maybe you are experiencing 2 problems, one being fuel gelling, but the other may be a timing issue.

/ Mahindra 4530 problems
After coming out of a warm building, it ran fine but about 40 minutes later it started to cough and miss at higher RPM and then at the lower RPMs as well. I spoke with the Mahindra dealer I purchased it from and he suggested I use Diesel 911 so will give that a shot.

/ Mahindra 4530 problems
I had the tractor in a garage that must have gotten above freezing as there was melted snow on the floor. I added the diesel 911 to the tank and let it sit for about 20 minutes and then started and let it idle for another 10 minutes outside. The outside temp was -2. The tractor ran really good for about 20 minutes then began to spit and sputter and run terrible.
I noticed several things though. Is there supposed to be air bubbles in the water separator? Also I noticed that the fuel line from the tank to the separator is very cracked as is the line from the separator running to the first filter.

/ Mahindra 4530 problems #5  
I believe you have water in your fuel filters !
my 4530 tractor acted the same way last year, i
changed the filters and the engine ran much better after.
The engine is starting to sputter again at high RPM "s
time for new filters.
When you change the filters , change them 1 at a time
above the filter housing their is a primer pump , turn the knob
counterclock wise and pump until you feel resistance , start
the tractor and let it run for a minute . Repeat for the
second filter !
This primer pump is a nice feature !

RGC

/ Mahindra 4530 problems #6  
I believe you have water in your fuel filters !
my 4530 tractor acted the same way last year, i
changed the filters and the engine ran much better after.
The engine is starting to sputter again at high RPM "s
time for new filters.
When you change the filters , change them 1 at a time
above the filter housing their is a primer pump , turn the knob
counterclock wise and pump until you feel resistance , start
the tractor and let it run for a minute . Repeat for the
second filter !
This primer pump is a nice feature !

RGC

Dumb question: Does't the 4530 have drain plugs at the bottom of each fuel filter? My 6000 does...ie all you would have to do is slowly drain all the "water" out of each filter rather than change the filters...PS that "cracked" line that was mentioned sounds weird to me....BobG in VA

/ Mahindra 4530 problems #7  
It sounds like you don't have a timing problem as I thought you might. The cracked lines, I'm not sure what you mean, but if you do indeed have a cracked line, I would think it would leak and you would see that. You have some good suggestions here, as you probably do have some water in the system. If you can get the tractor into some heat for a while the filter draining may work fine, but if you are out in the cold, I think the filter replacement would be the better choice. Good luck and let us know how things work out.

/ Mahindra 4530 problems
Thank you all for the information. I'll get a photo of the hoses to show what I'm talking about. The new filters should arrive today or tomorrow so will give that a shot.
Where do I find the location mentioned in the owners manual to drain water and debris from the fuel tank?
Once again thanks for the advice it is very much appreciated.

/ Mahindra 4530 problems #9  
Thank you all for the information. I'll get a photo of the hoses to show what I'm talking about. The new filters should arrive today or tomorrow so will give that a shot.
Where do I find the location mentioned in the owners manual to drain water and debris from the fuel tank?
Once again thanks for the advice it is very much appreciated.

I think what they mean by draining the water was out of the filter bowl or however it's set up. I don't know exactly how the Mahindra's are set up, but I have seen a lot of them with a little petcock in the bottom that you open to do drain them. I will look on the 6030 outside and see how it is done.

/ Mahindra 4530 problems #10  
I'd check for a stuck thermostat in addition - that might explain why the machine runs fine when warm, but as it cools doesn't do so well. As to the fuel lines - are they cracked, or just showing some checking - which would imply no leak, but still a need to replace soon.