Mahindra 5035 loader ?

/ Mahindra 5035 loader ? #21  
If you want to, you can find pictures of lots of R1s that are slicks also. IMO, when the mud is that bad, MOST people really should not be out in it anyway. All you end up doing is damage to the land and you have accomplished nothing. If you have to go out in it to feed the animals, you should be aware of those conditions and make adjustments as needed.
Iv seen that. The thing you cant note from those pictures is that near all of that load of mud is replaced with new with each rotation on an R1. When you NEED it now, damage is a lot more convenient than being stuck. :confused3:
larry

/ Mahindra 5035 loader ? #22  
Good point. I would much rather go slap on the backblade and erase my tracks than go hood onto my Case 1150 and spend an hour pulling me out. I think I iwll lean towards the AG tires. That would also give me a ligher PSI which will help on the snow and ice.

/ Mahindra 5035 loader ? #23  
Iv seen that. The thing you cant note from those pictures is that near all of that load of mud is replaced with new with each rotation on an R1. When you NEED it now, damage is a lot more convenient than being stuck. :confused3:
larry

So you are saying that the same thing doesn't happen with R4s? Same design, just not as tall of tread, I believe that with the larger R4s the same exact thing is happening, constant material transfer. ;)

/ Mahindra 5035 loader ? #24  
So you are saying that the same thing doesn't happen with R4s? Same design, just not as tall of tread, I believe that with the larger R4s the same exact thing is happening, constant material transfer. ;)
I keep hearing from many sources that R4s wont dig a hole in mud. -That would suggest that they are not taking new bites, but just circulating the captive mud. - I havnt tried it with R4s but I know from experience in our sticky mud that AGs will do it quickly - usually finding firmer earth and moving on. The down side is that you must quickly perceive the point to stop trying so you dont get too deep. :eek: Traction increases as more of the tire comes into play ... but so does the difficulty of climbing up and out of the hole youre making.
larry

/ Mahindra 5035 loader ? #25  
I keep hearing from many sources that R4s wont dig a hole in mud. -That would suggest that they are not taking new bites, but just circulating the captive mud. - I havnt tried it with R4s but I know from experience in our sticky mud that AGs will do it quickly - usually finding firmer earth and moving on. The down side is that you must quickly perceive the point to stop trying so you dont get too deep. :eek: Traction increases as more of the tire comes into play ... but so does the difficulty of climbing up and out of the hole youre making.
larry

Larry, if I were to just let my tires spin more than a few (2-3) revolutions, I would be using our D6 to get it unstuck. Again this is with the larger R4s. The R4s that have the tight tread pattern such as what are on the front of both of my Mahindras are worthless in mud, but the rears of both Mahindras and our 580 Case have not had this caking problem. But again it might very well be how wet and what type of dirt a person has. I can only speak from my own personal experience and that I WOULD NOT NORMALLY use my tractors when it is real muddy. :eek: