Mahindra 5155 Anyone?

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #511  
it will get VERY dirty this weekend... been raining non-stop all week here. :)

I shall oblige ya! (y)

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #513  
Yes Sir, tracking all. I have not loaded my tires yet, that is coming soon. Hopefully, the rain lets off today. We've needed it, but I don't feel like slogging in the mud trying to learn the tractor.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #514  
Don't baby this thing.
Engine speed (over 2000 rpms) is necessary for a good hydrodynamic film between lifters and camshaft so don't be afraid of higher rpms.
As I said, just use it and you'll be fine.
That's true. Particles immersed in a fluid excite long-ranged flows as they move, and similarly move in response to fluid motion. By generating and reacting to a fluid's local velocity, colloidal particles experience hydrodynamic interactions with each other and with the walls of the engine cylinders.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #515  
So I’ve done 4 hours of rotary cutting this week (mostly tall grass and weeds nothing real heavy) Did the first 2 with regular 540 pto setting. The second 2 with 540e. Definitely noticed a difference in fuel consumption. My previous Mahindra didn’t have the economy pto. This feature is definitely gonna save some money on diesel.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #516  
Good day fellow 5155 owners... I was able to get another four hours of hard work on my trusty tractor this weekend. I was able to get the joystick where it worked as it should. The dealer rotated it 90 degrees, when they installed my third function kit, causing it to be oriented incorrectly. Now, when I pull back on it, the FEL raises, push forward, the FEL lowers, push away from me, the bucket curls up, pull towards me, the bucket curls down. Now I'm getting the feel for this thing.

The Mahindra grapple has become my favorite implement thus far, getting the most use. I'm adding a hydraulic top link, so I can use my box blade more efficiently.

I did not receive an Owner's Manual / Operator's Manual when I bought the tractor, so I'm figuring things out myself. On the right side, there is a black lever that says "Raise" and "Lower"... and another lever, that has many different positions. I find that the white / lighter colored lever raises and lowers my 3 point hitch, but the black lever that says "Raise" and "lower" does not do anything. Is that for the remotes in the rear? Is that the lever that will operate the hydraulic top link?

I'm a new tractor owner, so please bare with me.

So far, I'm LOVING this thing. Definitely a dream to operate.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #517  
I think you are correct in the lever on fender is for the remotes. I think most golks do connect top link to them

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #518  
Yes that lever is for the remotes. You will want to get those manuals even if it's out of pocket. They are very well done. The manuals layout your maintenance and they also have great schematics.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #519  
Yes that lever is for the remotes. You will want to get those manuals even if it's out of pocket. They are very well done. The manuals layout your maintenance and they also have great schematics.
the operators manual can be downloaded from Mahindra

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #520  
the operators manual can be downloaded from Mahindra
I have gone on their website, but the only manual I can find is the service manual. I bought it for $45 and have it for service guidance. I've not found the operator's manual yet.