Oil & Fuel Mahindra 5500 fuel economy

/ Mahindra 5500 fuel economy #1  

Anonymous Poster

I know I probably shouldn't ask but the season to be "tractoring" is near and I'll have to haul my fuel so need some idea of what to expect from my Mahindra 5500 so I'll have enough fuel on hand to prevent unnecessary trips to gas station - 8mi.
Work will cover the implements I have but probably will be primarily "bush hogging" w/the 6' cutter - mostly grass w/some weeds/johnson grass but will soon be doing a fair amount of discing w/6 1/2' disc. If I can find a harrow I'll use it after the disc to breakup/pulverize the soil so I can drag it to smooth it out.
Any ideas on fuel consumption or experience w/Mahindra 5500 or similar tractor would be appreciated.

/ Mahindra 5500 fuel economy
4570, fuel consumption will obviously vary some with load applied and size of implement, but in my experience is that a diesel tractor will run a long time on a full tank. I would carry two 5 gal cans of diesel along and see how much you have to add to the tractor after a good days work. If that is not enough you can always carry more or less if it is. It shohuld not take long to figure out how much fuel you'll need for a given days chores( or fun if you prefer /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif). Chet