Mahindra 5555 or 2555

/ Mahindra 5555 or 2555 #11  
I hope that some Red Carpet Dealer Tech is on top of this... say someone from the great state of Pennsylvania. And he is putting some thought into how he is going to let us folks know when it is OK to put in an order. I'd like to be on the let 'em know list.... ready to buy as soon as it's OK. :)
OK people,I'll update you a little on what I know. I hate to speculate. EGR relocation kits may become available sometime in June. Quantity and availability will be the issue for dealers that need to update retailed units with problems as well as updating their inventory. I would guess Mahindra is using the kits now to update current production. I suggest to those who are looking to buy this series tractor to go to your dealer. Talk to the service dept. Ask about the updated EGR location kit. Maybe you can get a deal if you buy now and they install the kit later. If it was me buying a 2555 knowing what I know about I would wait. I do have one of these problematic units in the field. When I get my hands on one of these kits and get it install I will post a review. :us-pennsylvania:

/ Mahindra 5555 or 2555 #12  
Thanks for the update, Jabonee! Questions:

1) Is every 2555 effected by this EGR problem, or just some? My MIL light has come on 3 times so far and I only have 30 hours on the machine. The second two times it went off by itself. The tractor seems to be running fine and comes up to temp in an appropriate period of time. Doesn't run Hot or cold; just slightly below half gauge.

2) Is this EGR relocation kit something reasonably competent owners can install themselves?

/ Mahindra 5555 or 2555 #13  
Thanks for the update, Jabonee! Questions:

1) Is every 2555 effected by this EGR problem, or just some? My MIL light has come on 3 times so far and I only have 30 hours on the machine. The second two times it went off by itself. The tractor seems to be running fine and comes up to temp in an appropriate period of time. Doesn't run Hot or cold; just slightly below half gauge.

2) Is this EGR relocation kit something reasonably competent owners can install themselves?

#1 No. Seems to be more prevalent in colder climate areas of US or running engine RPM to low for to long. #2 At this point I would say no. My DSR said it was pretty labor intensive. Considering the area you live in Mr. Hulka, I would contact your dealer at some point later this summer and get your tractor updated. :)

/ Mahindra 5555 or 2555 #14  
Neither! 5570! your talking about less than 2k away from both.... but of the two id take the 5555 all day.... even the 5545 will put the 2555 to shame with the loader

/ Mahindra 5555 or 2555 #15  
Next time you look at the tractors really pay attention to the loader brackets and skid steer coupler parts that are put into each... if you are loader focused it will be obvious which one to choose