Mahindra 6000 4wd

/ Mahindra 6000 4wd #1  

yooperdave

Veteran Member
Tractor
Tool Cat 5600, LS XJ2025H, Branson 4215HC
What is the going price for a new Mahindra 6000 4wd with a loader?

Does anybody have a cab with their Mahindra?

Are there any other frequently requested options which Mahindra offers?

Do they make their own engines?

I just learned that one of the local used car dealers is now the regional Mahindra tractor dealer. Even if the tractor is high quality, I guess I will have to do some research to see if the car dealer knows how to service these tractors.

Your input is appreciated.

Thanks

Yooper Dave

/ Mahindra 6000 4wd #2  
Dave,

Not sure there is such a thing as a going price? I have found that every area is different. You might find a good price where you are but where I am it might not be, or vice versa.

Anyway the best thing is to compare with other dealers and other brands. If Mahindra is what you want you still owe it to yourself to check other pricing. However, I think you may have a good thing going for you, new dealers always like to get some rigs out there to get their name out. Push him some and you may find you will get that thing right down close to cost. They will figure if others see yours, others will come checking them out.

As far as service, they being a new dealer will get a lot support from the factory so I don't know if that would bother me so much. Are they reputable as a car dealer, if so they will be reputable on the Mahindra.

The thing I would worry about is a back up plan if they find tractors is not what they want to be in and drop the line. Is there another Mahindra dealer fairly close. The Mahindra is a good rig and you shouldn't have troubles with it.

My 2 cents

Murph

/ Mahindra 6000 4wd #3  
Dave,

I guess after some thought I was wondering you being from Green Bay as to why you would not want John Deere? I would figure you to be a Packer's Fan and would be bleeding Green all the way.

Being from Minnesota no pun intended. Good luck in your tractor purchase.

Murph

/ Mahindra 6000 4wd #4  
Yooper Dave,
Here's A LINK to Bill's Tractors in Texas. Just past half way down he has a link to pictures he took when he toured the Mahindra plant in India, including the engine assembly. Looks like they make their own engines. My friend has a E 350 DI, two wheel drive utility tractor, that thing is nice. If it's representative of their quality, you can't go wrong with Mahindra.

/ Mahindra 6000 4wd
Hi Murph,

My hobby farm is actually 80 miles north of Green Bay in Michigan's U.P. - not too close to anything but wild life.
The farm is part of my long term plan. The tractor should be the back bone of all of the outdoor activities. I hope to buy and hold for decades to come.

There are special john deere garden tractors around here with a yellow hood and a packer logo spread all over it.
The tractors appear to work harder than the packers.

I would love a John Deere, but am assuming that the price is quite a bit higher than a import. Also, The local John Deere dealer in the U.P. will not service what he sells. No other Deere dealer can beat his price, but he washes his hands when there are problems.

The Kubota dealer is here in Green Bay, but has a monopoly and will not negotiate on price. The Mahindra dealer would only be 20 miles from my farm - another big plus. The warranty and financing also seem hard to beat.

Regards,

Yooper Dave

/ Mahindra 6000 4wd #6  
Dave,

When I started looking I was set on Kubota or John Deere. I found both of them higher than New Holland. The Kubota dealer just totaly turned me off. He basically told me if I bought anything other than Kubota I was stupid. He was also the closes Kubota dealer but was still 60miles away. The Deere dealer tried selling me something I didn't want and was more expensive for used than New Holland new. Mahindra and most of the other tractors are not sold in our area so they were out.

The key is to buy from a dealer that you can trust and has a good reputation. I am willing to pay more for that kind of dealer. Deere is no better than any other manufacture out there, New Holland is not any better, Kubota is not any better and so on. Mahindra is just as good but still like the others needs service. Go with the dealer.

Murph

/ Mahindra 6000 4wd #7  
hey yooperdave,

I do not think you can go wrong with the new "00" series of Utility Tractors from Mahindra. They are making a big move on the market,and expanding to new areas daily. Since they are serious about the whole US market,cabs will be coming soon I'm sure. Do you know about the new 6500? It is a turboed 6000 basically with about 9 or so more pto hp.

/ Mahindra 6000 4wd
Hi Woodbeef,

I am following the lead from several of the members of this forum.

I figured that I needed 40 to 45 pto hp, so I should be looking for at least 50 to 55 pto hp tractor to be on the safe side.

I hope Mahindra continues their current finance policy for another few months.

I will have to see if the Mahindra 6000 offers more features than the Kubota MX 5000.

Yooper Dave

/ Mahindra 6000 4wd #9  
Hey yooperdave,

For duty in the Upper I'd say the Mahindra(which is a real utility tractor)would do you better than the Kubota or Deere.

If you decide to go larger than 60 hp,I'd say look into the Valtra M100/A series. They are one tough,dependable well engineered tractor,which also have a very large option list.

Zetor is also another viable option to the majors with the Super series.

/ Mahindra 6000 4wd
Hi Woodbeef,

I went to the Valtra website and was impressed.

I also have a Valtra dealer not too far away to go over and take a look at their product line.

Would you think a 60 hp Valtra would be similar to the 60 hp Mahindra? Which one has more features? Which one would you expect to cost more? Are they both of similar quality?

Thanks

Yooper Dave