I took this picture for you Woodbeef... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

238794-Valtra%20for%20Woodbeef%20-tbn.jpg

Attachments

• 238794-Valtra for Woodbeef -tbn.jpg
    238794-Valtra for Woodbeef -tbn.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 360
   / Mahindra 6000 4wd #12  
Hey Yooper Dave,

Kinda hard to compare the two brands that way. Once you look at them both you'll see what I mean. But if you are in the under 60 pto hp market I'd say go with the Mahindra "00" series. If over 60 hp then it would be the Valtra M100/A series. The Valtra has a very extensive option list,but remember also that they sell tractor world wide,so they need more options to compete. The Mahindra will be the smaller sized of the two if size matters in the woods. I'd say that the Mahindra will probably be the lower priced of the two.

Hey JM3,

Nice pic!! It's even my favorite color!!

/ Mahindra 6000 4wd #13  
You may want to click on my profile and check my posts on the Mahindra tractor. I made my decision last fall and purchased a 6000 4wd. I have owned, two IH, and two JDs. I wanted to buy a 5000 series JD, but when I looked at the price, I decided to check other models. Believe me, I checked them all. Took about 2 years of reseach, testing, going to power shows, etc. I'm not saying Mahindra makes the best tractor. I'm saying for my needs, fit, finish, features, weight, power, size, etc., Mahindra was the hands down winner. Real steel finders, hood, etc. I was skeptical as anyone would be who does not buy a brand name. And... I have to say that when I sold my JD's I got all my money back out of them. I spent alot of time with my dealer asking him alot of questions, including what he would give me for the tractor in a year on trade-in, and if he would sell it for me on his lot in a year if I decided I did not want it. He gave me all good answers. I have now used my 6000 to put in about a mile of trails through the woods, and move a ton of snow this winter. It has run like a champ. I can tell you that the early serial number tractors have had a few minor changes, like the shuttle shift linkage. They had a little too much play in them. Mahindra replaced mine, no questions asked, no charge, and did it in a day. Check replies to my posts on backhoes, and 3pt 10' cutters. Mr. Miller and lamarbur have provided links to New England tractor and other places that have pictures, soft cabs, loaders, backhoes, etc. If you have any specific questions about pricing, you can email me directly. I can tell you that for the money, Mahindra is a great buy, and that I also called dealers across the country to see how prices varied, not much. If you are going to buy a Mahindra, I think now is the time. I have checked out their business profile in India, their financial statements, etc. They are making a big push in the US and selling their product under what is should cost to gain a share of the market place. If my memory is correct, they are the 2nd or 3rd largest small tractor manufacture in the world. Check out their web site at www.mahindrausa.com. It may not have the open station yet, or the power shuttle shifter (have to clutch on the Maindra to go from forward to reverse) but it works great. I had wheel weights put on mine, canopy, front brush grill. Also, keep in mind your width if you have any intentions of moving the tractor by trailor. The Mahindra just fits on a standars 83-84" between the wheel wells trailor. I measured, figured, compared, drove, posted on this board. If you are interested in the Mahindra, you need to read my posts and the replys. Mr. Miller, Mr. Carter, lamabur, woodbeef and many others have provided a great deal of help to me in making my decisions on the Mahindra and related equipment. My hat is off to these folks, and in these times, it is a real pleasure to know people are still willing to help others out when in return the only reward is self satisfaction. Welcome, good luck, and if you have any questions, I will certainly do my best to help.

Oh...and one more thing. Keep posting on Mahindra so we can get a sub heading dedicated to Mahindra.

/ Mahindra 6000 4wd #14  
Dave, are you speaking of the used car dealer in Menominee? Drove by there the other day and was surprised to see the tractors. I can't help with your basic question, I have a JD. I have a vac. home on the Wis. side of the river near the Wallace-McCallister bridge, and am here feeding the fire now (main residence is in Texas). Probably not too many forum readers know what a Yooper is. (UP'er). Ken

/ Mahindra 6000 4wd
Hi Ken,

You are absolutely correct in your assumptions!

I thought yoopers and Wisconsiners were supposed to head to Texas for the winter and not vice-versa.

My farm is in Stephenson - not too far from your place.

A Michigan resident is defined by where he lives with respect to the Mackinac bridge. People above the bridge are yoopers, while people "below the bridge" are trolls.

Have fun on your vacation.

Yooper Dave