Mahindra 6000 w/ Bradco 511 BH

/ Mahindra 6000 w/ Bradco 511 BH #11  
LarryRB,

Just curious where you are getting those pump stats for the 6000. The mahindra site says all the 00 tractors come with an 11GPM pump. I'm getting a 6500 4WD with the Bradco 511 and am planning on using the onboard pump.

/ Mahindra 6000 w/ Bradco 511 BH #12  
Yes, my mistake, I had the 4110 model and it has the 7.9/ Even though you have onboard 11, to do it again, I would have the separate 14 gpm pto pump..

/ Mahindra 6000 w/ Bradco 511 BH #13  
If you use a pto pump, are the hoe hydrualics then completely seperate from the tractor? If so, that would eleminate the switching that you have to do at the loader valve.

/ Mahindra 6000 w/ Bradco 511 BH #14  
Any idea how much the 14 gpm pump costs?

/ Mahindra 6000 w/ Bradco 511 BH #15  
I had the 14 pump and it's own hydraulic tank, I think it held about 18 gallons.. Anyway, on its own,. ran much cooler, and stayed separate from the tractor system...

/ Mahindra 6000 w/ Bradco 511 BH #16  
Slippy,

What kind of switching is needed at the loader? Does the 511 not just use the remotes at the back of the tractor? With the 00 tractors I would think that the pto pump would be an unnecessary cost since the tractor's 11GPM falls on the high side of bradco's 9-12GPM recommendation.

I guess my thoughts on this is that I would see how it worked first with the 11GPM from the tractor and then if it was really sluggish I would pay the $600+ for the PTO pump assembly. From what I have read before the 11GPM was more than adaquate for the average user unless you were using this for a commercial rig. I'll be using mine at home mostly.

/ Mahindra 6000 w/ Bradco 511 BH #17  
The Mahindra 00-series have very small internal hyd reservor. It is barely large enough to run the FEL. To run a BH without quickly overheating the Hyd system, one must use a PTO pump and a seperate hyd. tank. A dealer told me that this design is a throw back to an IH design of the late 60's that Mahindra was licensed to build. This was before FEL and backhoes were as common as they are today.

/ Mahindra 6000 w/ Bradco 511 BH #18  
Yikes! I don't like the idea of overheating anything on a new tractor! This might seem like a silly question but can the pto pump be used for other applications or is it built into the backhoe? I also want to run log splitters and maybe other attachments. Does it just add another set of remotes?

Thanks for pointing out the heat issue. Never even occured to me!

/ Mahindra 6000 w/ Bradco 511 BH #19  
As I stated above. separate and cooler.... I should have mentioned minimal oil from the tractor. This said, the system I had, the pump was plumbed to the hydraulic tank direct. The tank is under the seat area, and pump and it's hydro lines have just enough slack to back in to hook up or pull away to unhook. TO convert this for other uses just isn't feasable..

/ Mahindra 6000 w/ Bradco 511 BH #20  
that's too bad. I just heard back from my dealer and they are changing the order if they can. Had no idea that it was all one unit. Would be nice if some of the literature/website would show this.

My dealer has never installed a backhoe either so they don't really know what to expect either. As it was listed as a seperate option I guess I just assumed that it was a seperate device. Got to quit making asumptions some day /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Thanks again.