Comparison Mahindra 6000

/ Mahindra 6000
Well, laid the money down, and now have a 2004 Mahindra 6000 with fel . says 650 hours on it. but the tac gauge doesn't work, when I mentioned it he said it did when it came in. but because he came down on the price he wouldn't throw in fixing it. now I need to know the fix, i looked at the wiring and all seem to be plugged in. i am not sure what sends the signal to the gauge. I don't think the temp gauge is accurate either. I didn't have time to haggle to much as had to buy it before the end of the year. So took it like it was.

/ Mahindra 6000 #12  
I am serious when I say this. Smack the face of the instrument cluster with your hand. My 7520's dash goes wacky every once in awhile and I just bang it with my hand and all is well again, for awhile anyway. Sometimes for a few hours, other times for months. I would try it before you go spending a bunch of $$$ on it. ;)

/ Mahindra 6000
I will try that, so much for high tech electronics thanks for replying. I will post the results.

/ Mahindra 6000 #14  
Well, laid the money down, and now have a 2004 Mahindra 6000 with fel . says 650 hours on it. but the tac gauge doesn't work, when I mentioned it he said it did when it came in. but because he came down on the price he wouldn't throw in fixing it. now I need to know the fix, i looked at the wiring and all seem to be plugged in. i am not sure what sends the signal to the gauge. I don't think the temp gauge is accurate either. I didn't have time to haggle to much as had to buy it before the end of the year. So took it like it was.

Hmmm....the tach runs on electrics...is the voltage guage working? should read just at the 14.7volt (as well as I remember it was 14.7..) cutoff...if its less check the alternator output. PS: send pics soonest.... BobG in VA

/ Mahindra 6000
Brian, I tried the smack in the face, didn't seem to do anything, so did a few things, and when I went to shut it off, I turned the key switch off and pulled the stop, all of a sudden the tach jumped. I pushed in the stop and turned on the key switch back on and tach went back to zero. I tried to recreate the senairo several times, and got it to jump again but it won't stay on. It might be in the key switch? or is there a electrical component in the stop cable somewhere? I haven't looked yet. I played with the key switch in all positions and half way in between to no avail. The Oil pressure registers at the upper limit, and the voltage is at 14.7 after starting they both worked before the slight caressing with the hand on the instrument panel.

/ Mahindra 6000 #16  
Brian, I tried the smack in the face, didn't seem to do anything, so did a few things, and when I went to shut it off, I turned the key switch off and pulled the stop, all of a sudden the tach jumped. I pushed in the stop and turned on the key switch back on and tach went back to zero. I tried to recreate the senairo several times, and got it to jump again but it won't stay on. It might be in the key switch? or is there a electrical component in the stop cable somewhere? I haven't looked yet. I played with the key switch in all positions and half way in between to no avail. The Oil pressure registers at the upper limit, and the voltage is at 14.7 after starting they both worked before the slight caressing with the hand on the instrument panel.

At least you know that it is not the tach,:thumbsup: but some connection.:( Are you smacking it on the side of the instrument panel or on the actual face? Mine works better to smack it on the face. Maybe pull the instrument panel up and unplug and replug the wiring. I think that it is only one plug. I have done that with mine and it works for a while longer than smacking it, but then it goes back to it's normal ways. :( I have gotten use to doing it and it is almost automatic for me now when ever it quits working. :laughing: I checked once for a new instrument panel, it was several hundred $$$ and I can smack it for free. ;)

Good luck with yours.

/ Mahindra 6000 #17  
The tach on my 5035 works off a pulse signal from the alternator, or that is what I read somewhere. Might have something to do with RPM's vs. just time, which some farm tractors figure into their hour meters instead of just run time. Could be something loose in that area, too. Some needles jump just from turning on and off the power to the units, so I would not read much into that...

/ Mahindra 6000
I think in most machinery the hour meter is not actual hours but is figured off rpm time some how. My Rpm doesn't work so am figuring that the hour meter doesn't keep time either. It would be nice to be able to trust the gauges. I haven't really put any time to speak of on it since getting it.

/ Mahindra 6000
I think in most machinery the hour meter is not actual hours but is figured off rpm time some how. My Rpm doesn't work so am figuring that the hour meter doesn't keep time either. It would be nice to be able to trust the gauges. I haven't really put any time to speak of on it since getting it.
Update, doing some tinkering with tractor and found a couple of times, (not consistent) when revving the engine the tach would spin all the way over and the hour meter would commence to rotating and then all of a sudden stop. I am beginning to think that the dash has some serious malfunction. so not sure what to do next. there is a small red light in with the voltage gauge it is on at low rpm and out as rpm is increased. I assume that it is a idiot light along with the (idiot) gauge. I haven't found a thread of people who have had to replace their instrument cluster.:confused:

/ Mahindra 6000 #20  
I am serious when I say this. Smack the face of the instrument cluster with your hand. My 7520's dash goes wacky every once in awhile and I just bang it with my hand and all is well again, for awhile anyway. Sometimes for a few hours, other times for months. I would try it before you go spending a bunch of $$$ on it. ;)

Oh there ya go giving secrets away again Brian. Mine stops working all the time. I just knock on the glass a couple of times to wake it up and bingo it works again.