Mahindra 6075 cab— 4x4 slips

/ Mahindra 6075 cab— 4x4 slips #1  

Hkm250

Tractor
Mahindra 6075
Hi, I’m a new member to this forum and I’ve searched for similar issues but haven’t been able to find anything. If this has been addressed in another thread please point me in the right direction. Here’s my issue:
I bought a Mahindra 6075 cab in early 2018 and have had zero issues until last week. I was pushing some rock with the bucket in low range (4wd engaged) like I’ve done many times before and all of a sudden it felt like the front tires stopped pulling and I heard a “clicking” noise. I stopped immediately and backed up, no grinding or clicking. I slowly started to push the rocks again and once again te front wheels stopped pulling like before. I completely removed the driveshaft and inspected the splined sleeves on both ends of the driveshaft and the 2 splined shafts the sleeves attach to and all splines were good. What should I check next? Has anyone else had this issue? I greatly appreciate any info!!

/ Mahindra 6075 cab— 4x4 slips #2  
I've never seen that model, and certainly have never worked on one. However, your description of the problem leads me to wonder about the gearing that drives the drive shaft you have removed and inspected. Mainly the mechanism the shifts the gears into and out of 4WD. A problem in that area could cause what you describe. I would move to that area next and see what shows up. Maybe disconnect the shift linkage coming down and try shifting it from down below with a wrench, pry bar, pipe wrench, or whatever tool looks like it will fit. With the drive shaft off, you can turn the output shaft easily enough, and shifting by hand at the same time might give some indications of a problem inside(should there be one). It looks like the entire drop box assembly is only held on by four bolts should removal be necessary.

/ Mahindra 6075 cab— 4x4 slips
Thank you for the info. I will try that in the morning. I briefly looked at the assembly you described and the linkage on the drop box you describe seems simple enough to test your theory. I will disconnect the linkage and move it into 4wd mode and see if it still slips. If there is still slippage then it would probably be in the drop box correct?

/ Mahindra 6075 cab— 4x4 slips #4  
I'm simply suggesting to disconnect the linkage because it might be easier to operate the mechanism from under the tractor that way. I'm not necessarily sure it will be, just guessing here. As I said, I don't know your machine, I'm going strictly on the parts list and your description of the symptom. Experience leads me in the direction of the drop box as opposed to anything front axle related. You have to start somewhere, and if it's not a drive shaft/coupling problem, then what's next.

/ Mahindra 6075 cab— 4x4 slips
I'm simply suggesting to disconnect the linkage because it might be easier to operate the mechanism from under the tractor that way. I'm not necessarily sure it will be, just guessing here. As I said, I don't know your machine, I'm going strictly on the parts list and your description of the symptom. Experience leads me in the direction of the drop box as opposed to anything front axle related. You have to start somewhere, and if it's not a drive shaft/coupling problem, then what's next.
Thank you for the input. I believe you are correct sir.