Mahindra 6500

/ Mahindra 6500 #11  
1. The oil filler is at the top front of the block. 2. I have a quick connect on my 6000. A dealer should be able to help you with this. 3. Do you hold your key on for 15 or so seconds before trying to crank the tractor? The preheater works great if everything is is order.

/ Mahindra 6500 #12  
When I open the cap (which does not screw in and it has a drain/vent hose attached), there is a metal piece just under it which prevents a funnel from being inserted; just does not seem right! Does the medal piece inside come out? I have a horrow of putting the oil in the wrong location and screwing up my tractor! I have already changed the filter & drained the oil!

There is also a small reservior with cap/dip stick toward the front of block (toward the driver) to the left; what is that? Maybe power string reservior!

I know I am an idiot! I do appreciate the help!!

Wayne from Tennessee

/ Mahindra 6500 #13  
Have tried holding the ignition key on for 15 seconds or so prior to cranking, not much help! Took battery out (that was painfull) and had it chec; also cleaned up post and remounted ground wire! Still hard to start in cooler weather; does great after operating a few minutes.

/ Mahindra 6500 #14  
That plate in the way is just the nature of the beast. You have to add the oil slowly. I would hold the key on for even up to a couple of minutes, as the intake heater takes a little time. Some lighter weight oil, for the winter, may also help with starting.

/ Mahindra 6500 #15  
Thanks for the oil change tip!

Currently replacing or possibly bypassing the neutral swith located underneath the power take-off leaver, I have been jiggling the leaver up and down abit trying to find a position that will allow me to start the tractor with the ignition switch!! I expect I have a bad swith!! Anyone had similar problems???