Oil & Fuel Mahindra Diesel trucks and SUV's

/ Mahindra Diesel trucks and SUV's #1  

patrick_g

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota Grand L-4610HSTC
I heard on NPR (National Public Radio) today that the 7 billion $ Mahindra and Mahindra conglomerate of India is seriously considering exporting diesel pickups and SUV's to the U.S.

Any Mahindra tractor owner/operators out there who are comfortable enough with build quality, frequency/cost of repair, parts availability, service availability, and such so that they would be favorably inclined to buy a Mahindra pickup or SUV?

Pat

/ Mahindra Diesel trucks and SUV's #2  
I've not seen one yet... but think I'd certainly take a serious look at them, just from what I've seen on the 'net about the new Mahindra trucks. I'd rather have a manual instead of the 5 speed automatic, but that's just me. I don't think you can buy a Ford F150 with a manual tranny anymore either.

Mahindra built about a bazillion Willys Jeeps, so they know how to build a durable vehicle. I have absolutely no complaints about my Mahindra 3525 as well... I'd do it again in a heartbeat. My biggest concern with them would be aimed at all the anti-pollution garbage that they will have to put on them to make them meet EPA requirements... Mechanically, I'd expect them to be very durable and reliable.

/ Mahindra Diesel trucks and SUV's
Brian, From what I gathered on the news broadcast Mahindra (and other companies like VW, Mercedes, BMW, etc) have no problem meeting the current 50 state air quality standards with their newest diesels B-U-T California has a hangup regarding diesel emissions and may enact tougher standards essentially aimed at eliminating small diesels (SUV's pickups,family cars, etc) in California and if California won't take it the market is fragmented and the model will not be imported.

California's axe to grind is particulate emissions which are, like every other substance known to modern man including mother's milk, known by the state of California to cause cancer. The biggies named above have diesels that are really clean and satisfy current standards as well as those of the EU.

Maybe California should be its own country and leave the rest of us alone. I wouldn't mind seeing Boxer and Feinstein in the unemployment line.

Pat

/ Mahindra Diesel trucks and SUV's #4  
Brian, From what I gathered on the news broadcast Mahindra (and other companies like VW, Mercedes, BMW, etc) have no problem meeting the current 50 state air quality standards with their newest diesels B-U-T California has a hangup regarding diesel emissions and may enact tougher standards essentially aimed at eliminating small diesels (SUV's pickups,family cars, etc) in California and if California won't take it the market is fragmented and the model will not be imported.

California's axe to grind is particulate emissions which are, like every other substance known to modern man including mother's milk, known by the state of California to cause cancer. The biggies named above have diesels that are really clean and satisfy current standards as well as those of the EU.

Maybe California should be its own country and leave the rest of us alone. I wouldn't mind seeing Boxer and Feinstein in the unemployment line.

Pat

I couldn't agree more!!!;)

With the Tier IV engines and their particulate traps and regenerative whatchamacallitthingamajiggers, it's all a bunch of garbage to cause problems. That would be my main concern with them (not just the Mahindra trucks, but any Tier IV diesel with these "enviro friendly", "save the planet" bits of rubbish attached.

Save us from the good people!!