Mahindra makeing hising sound

/ Mahindra makeing hising sound #1  

cjw

Bronze Member
Tractor
MAHINDRA 3510
When useing my 3pt if i raise the lever any higher than 5 with a load on the rear it makes a hissing sound is this a simple adjustment or something else.

/ Mahindra makeing hising sound #2  
<font color="blue">any higher than 5 </font>

Hmmm. Mine only goes up to 5. (see attachment) I don't know for sure, but most things with hydraulics have a bypass valve to prevent damage in the event of going past where they should or if they encounter too high a force for them to handle. Maybe this is what's going on with yours.

Attachments

• 251557-DSC00012b.jpg
    251557-DSC00012b.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 192
   / Mahindra makeing hising sound #3  
Just don't go past 5 then!! Yup,I'd say its the by-pass valve kicking in.

/ Mahindra makeing hising sound #4  
Maybe it's a cobra - they're from India, too /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif!

I concur with everyone else - sounds like a bypass. However, I'd call Chick and ask him about it. I understand he's been repairing and refurbishing equipment for years.

Mark
(Actually, your tractor is from TYM in Korea)

/ Mahindra makeing hising sound
Ok that makes sense. Here's a picture of mine. It goes up to 9. So wouldent you think I could use it up to 9? With it at 5 the finish mower is only about 7 inches off the ground.

Attachments

• 251836-3pt attach lever.jpg
    251836-3pt attach lever.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 196
   / Mahindra makeing hising sound #6  
Oh /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif.....
....in THAT case, maybe something IS wrong if it is bypassing before the full range ( I thought 5 was the highest, too).

Does it go any further than 7" while hissing OR does it stop at 7" and hiss?

I can't see the label clearly from the picture, but setting #6 is a different color - could that have something to do with it/what does it mean?

Under my seat, there is a drop-speed control that controls the speed at which an implement drops - yours probably has it too. Maybe it is mostly closed off - implements would drop slowly, too. Maybe messing with that will help. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I'm at a loss now.....

Let us know....

Mark

/ Mahindra makeing hising sound #7  
What RPM is your engine running when you here the hiss?
Try slowing down the rpm before raising the lift and see if that stops the hiss. If it does then it is bypassing because of the flow at higher rpm.

/ Mahindra makeing hising sound
The sound is made while ildeling the rpms are low, if I lower the lever just a bit it seems to stop. Im going to contact the dealer for his advice I.ll post his comments