Buying Advice Mahindra Max 30 day return program

/ Mahindra Max 30 day return program #1  

Solinski

Bronze Member
Tractor
2012 Mahindra Max 25
:)Greetings all! Has anyone taken :thumbsup:advantage of the 30 day return program offered on the Mahindra Max series? (see Mahindra for full details) Has anyone returned a Max series and encountered :(trouble with the dealer honoring the 30 day return policy? There are several :confused2:caveats in the program that sure make it easy for a dealer to deny :thumbdown: a Max return. So give me your :2cents:!
Solinski

/ Mahindra Max 30 day return program #2  
:)Greetings all! Has anyone taken :thumbsup:advantage of the 30 day return program offered on the Mahindra Max series? (see Mahindra for full details) Has anyone returned a Max series and encountered :(trouble with the dealer honoring the 30 day return policy? There are several :confused2:caveats in the program that sure make it easy for a dealer to deny :thumbdown: a Max return. So give me your :2cents:!
Solinski

Looks to me like you have to have 10 or less hours and it has to be pretty much perfect to get that, otherwise I imagine they will depreciate it. Seems reasonable to me. I just passed 30 days on Thrusday!!

/ Mahindra Max 30 day return program #3  
You mean I can't use it for eight or more hours a day during the week and ten or more hours per day on saturday and take it back on the 25th day and the dealer will have the nerve to say, "Ain't going to take it back it's your's". How cheeky and cheap of the dealer.

/ Mahindra Max 30 day return program #4  
You mean I can't use it for eight or more hours a day during the week and ten or more hours per day on saturday and take it back on the 25th day and the dealer will have the nerve to say, "Ain't going to take it back it's your's". How cheeky and cheap of the dealer.

I'm guessing most of that was for laughs:laughing: I don't think it would be fair to the dealers and company to get a beat up tractor back after you moved your 300 yards of riprap, do you? I think the 10 hour limit is enough to figure out of you like the tractor in general. No doubt you won't know everything in 10 hours, but you should at least have a good feel.

/ Mahindra Max 30 day return program #5  
I'm guessing most of that was for laughs:laughing: I don't think it would be fair to the dealers and company to get a beat up tractor back after you moved your 300 yards of riprap, do you? I think the 10 hour limit is enough to figure out of you like the tractor in general. No doubt you won't know everything in 10 hours, but you should at least have a good feel.

As you surmised it was for laughs. Some have given the Green people tons of grief over the thirty day return on mowers though.

/ Mahindra Max 30 day return program #6  

thats a **** of an idea Ill just get one of the mahindras to do some heavy digging and move some rip rap for an upcoming job. I only need to move 20 ton of rap to put in the mouth of a swale. Ill use it for 8 hours tops to complete job and return it:thumbsup:

/ Mahindra Max 30 day return program #7  
My local NH/LS/Yanmar, tractor dealer rents tractors for a small hourly charge which will be credited toward the purchase price if the customer chooses to buy the tractor. I like the idea.

/ Mahindra Max 30 day return program
Hi Kootch88, Which model Max did you buy? What did you pay? What type work have you done? Implements used? Any things you especially :thumbsup:like or :thumbdown:dislike about the tractor? I have searched for a rental Max 25 but there are no rentals in my area. So the trial demo program is very interesting to me. Good luck with your new Max and keep us posted on its successes and failures!
:)Solinski

/ Mahindra Max 30 day return program #9  
Hi Kootch88, Which model Max did you buy? What did you pay? What type work have you done? Implements used? Any things you especially :thumbsup:like or :thumbdown:dislike about the tractor? I have searched for a rental Max 25 but there are no rentals in my area. So the trial demo program is very interesting to me. Good luck with your new Max and keep us posted on its successes and failures!
:)Solinski

I bought the Max 22 with a MMM, FEL and ballst box. I paid $15,200 and I really like the tractor. It is night and day using it with a weight box. The dealer agreed to change out the MMM to a 60" rear finish mower and I hope to pick that up today. I think the extra ground clearence will make using the loader a lot easier. With the MMM it was troublesome in very uneven ground.

The tractor is very strong. It has been a very long time since I used a loader, probably 30 years but my recollection was the Kubota was about the size of a B series and it was pretty stout. The Max seems to be about the same in that regard from my memory, except the ground clearence.

The Mahindra also seems a lot quieter than the Kubota I used and seems to be quieter than my friend's newer Deere too. But his is a larger machine than the Max. Not sure about modern Kubotas as far as engine noise. I imagine the newer Kubotas are quieter now as well.

I mowed the lawn Saturday at my office with my wn tractor and my arms wee killing me afterward. As soon as I started out I realized how much I like the steering on the Max!! It is so easy to operate compared to even a lawn tractor's steering.

/ Mahindra Max 30 day return program #10  
I bought the Max 22 with a MMM, FEL and ballst box. I paid $15,200 and I really like the tractor. It is night and day using it with a weight box. The dealer agreed to change out the MMM to a 60" rear finish mower and I hope to pick that up today. I think the extra ground clearence will make using the loader a lot easier. With the MMM it was troublesome in very uneven ground.

The tractor is very strong. It has been a very long time since I used a loader, probably 30 years but my recollection was the Kubota was about the size of a B series and it was pretty stout. The Max seems to be about the same in that regard from my memory, except the ground clearence.

The Mahindra also seems a lot quieter than the Kubota I used and seems to be quieter than my friend's newer Deere too. But his is a larger machine than the Max. Not sure about modern Kubotas as far as engine noise. I imagine the newer Kubotas are quieter now as well.

I mowed the lawn Saturday at my office with my wn tractor and my arms wee killing me afterward. As soon as I started out I realized how much I like the steering on the Max!! It is so easy to operate compared to even a lawn tractor's steering.

Did you shop any of the other brands?? and if so...what was it that tipped the scale toward the mahindra for YOU?