Comparison Mahindra Max25 or Max 26

/ Mahindra Max25 or Max 26 #1  

fyrftr007

Tractor
none yet
New to the forum, Hi
I have been looking and researching for a month or so and have come to the conclusion that the Mahindra product offers excellent price/value.
I live in Washington and have property in Montana which is where the tractor will live.

There are several dealers in Wa that sell the Mahindra product and I have test rode a few (emax vs Max). I am pretty sure the Max is what I want. The dealer in Montana has a Max25 which is an older version, the dealers here have the Max26. The price difference is about 2k,
Any advice or experience?

Thanks

/ Mahindra Max25 or Max 26
And WA has an 8.5% sales tax and none in MT which would make the Max 26 more yet. Could go to Oregon but then I have to haul back to MT.

/ Mahindra Max25 or Max 26 #3  
I have the Max 24 FEL, MMM, BoxBlade. I chose The Max line over the EMax for the Mitsubishi engine and is a little more stout. Both are great offerings. I like the fact that the Max is built just like the bigger tractors just scaled down, not a ladder frame although Kubota, JD does just fine with them. Just my personal preference. We have just over 6 acres and have horses too. So I needed a tractor capable of moving manure around no problem, and also be able to fit in tight spots too. Moving snow around was pretty easy for it as well. Still waiting for my BoxBlade to come in so I can grade our 2 driveways. Still to early for grass so I haven't mowed yet, but when we took delivery I disconnected it and drove right off and thought that was pretty easy. All in all we've had ours for about 2 months and has been great so far. I looked at quite a few other brands and though all of them were nice, I couldn't deny how stout the Max was over the others in the SCUT class. Again only my opinion, but once I compared it to the others I was sold on Mahindra. I don't know what you're looking to do with yours, but for us this little tractor has done everything I've needed it to do with ease. Donnie

/ Mahindra Max25 or Max 26 #4  
And WA has an 8.5% sales tax and none in MT which would make the Max 26 more yet. Could go to Oregon but then I have to haul back to MT.

Generally you can legally avoid sales tax if the unit is delivered out of state and not used in the selling state. We are in CA, when we sell out of state, the buyer does not pay CA sales tax. There are some rules to follow, but they are simple enough.

The Max25 is the older version of the Max24. The Max26 is actually a little larger tractor. Same engine in all three, and actually the same engine in the 1526 as well. All good products. You should compare a Max26 to a Max24 and note the differences and see what fits your needs best.

/ Mahindra Max25 or Max 26
Thanks Dave
I have been told the same thing. I have found that the delivery or freight would off-set the sales tax benefits of buying it in either Oregon or Montana.
I did drive a Max 24 and a Max 26. Thanks for that piece of info. I was not certain where the Max25 fit in the line-up. Both would probably do the job so for the most part it is coming down to price.
Been quoted $22,800 for the Max 26 TLB and $19,995 for the Max 24 TLB. Both of those were cash prices of course and if you finance with Mahindra they increase the price depending on the terms of the loan.
I think the dealer in Montana only has the older Max 25 (very small dealer that sells everything from motorcycles, ATV's, Boats and snow machines) but that helps me in my hunting.
Pat

/ Mahindra Max25 or Max 26 #7  
The step up from the Max26 to the 1526 TLB is pretty small in $$, but it is an entirely bigger tractor. We find the 1526HST TLB to be pretty ideal.

/ Mahindra Max25 or Max 26 #8  
The step up from the Max26 to the 1526 TLB is pretty small in $$, but it is an entirely bigger tractor. We find the 1526HST TLB to be pretty ideal.

I agree. My tractor is a real tractor that fits in well between the smaller max/emax size and the larger models. I wouldn't want anything smaller. I'm not knocking the max series, but they are more like a well built lawn tractor on steroids , whereas the 1526 looks,feels and works more like a real tractor due to its slightly larger size, tires and stance.
If you can afford a few grand more, you'll be glad you did..

/ Mahindra Max25 or Max 26 #9  
I agree. My tractor is a real tractor that fits in well between the smaller max/emax size and the larger models. I wouldn't want anything smaller. I'm not knocking the max series, but they are more like a well built lawn tractor on steroids , whereas the 1526 looks,feels and works more like a real tractor due to its slightly larger size, tires and stance.
If you can afford a few grand more, you'll be glad you did..

I agree with you on the final result of the larger tractor being about perfect, but there is actually a pretty big distinction between an eMax and a Max. You grouped those, and I'll ungroup them if you do not mind. Air cooled vs oil cooled HST, ladder frame (like a BX) vs conventional construction, etc. The Max24/25/26 is built in the same manner as your rig, just smaller. The eMax/BX/Massey GC, etc., are meant for a different market and would come closer to fitting your "well built lawn tractor on steroids" descriptor. We sell a ton of eMax tractors, but the Max is a step up. For my money, I'll take that step and then another one to the 1526. But as a wise fellow once told me "you are not your customer". What works for me isn't always best for all.

/ Mahindra Max25 or Max 26 #10  
I agree with you Dave! That is the reason i went with the max 25. plus the tier 3 vs. 4. I just felt it was better built of the 2 series. But that is just me. I also did not need anything larger.