Loader Mahindra ML112 hose question

/ Mahindra ML112 hose question #1  

terraformer

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 3510, Bolens G192/Iseki 1910
Mahindra ML112 loader hose question

I am needing to 'social distance' and need to find out about the bucket curl hoses. Are the ends metric or US threaded. They are either 9/16-18 or 14-1.5. I have measured the threads that I have and come out about 1.46, right in the middle.The diameters are essentially the same as well. I don't have a local dealer nor want to pay dealer prices.

Hope you can help

/ Mahindra ML112 hose question
Here is a pic of the hose ends.
hydraulichoseend.JPG

/ Mahindra ML112 hose question #3  
The DiscountHydHose website has already been recommended to you. I keep their chart (cut up) stuck on the inside of my workshop door. PDF works, too.

If you don't have a thread gauge, then you can use some spare bolts (metric or SAE) to match up the threads for pitch. Note that a tap&die set often includes a thread pitch gauge. You still need some calipers to match up with what is on the DHH chart.

Yes as you could tell I could tell it was one or another. Was hoping that someone would know what was used on the FEL.

Maybe I can mail it to a service center. These times are not normal.

/ Mahindra ML112 hose question #5  
I have three Mahindri. I also know nothing a boot hyd hose fittings, just like most of us. I think that the hose fitting are metric. I went yesterday to Fluid Power in Gaylord, Michigan and had a new hose made for my 5035. [ Process was they had their phone number on the front door, lay hose on ground, call, and they will come out and fetch the hose ] Fellow came outside [ no one allowed into the building during the virus thing ], picked up the hose, and quickly said, those are standard metric. 10 minutes later I had a shinny new hose. [ then an hour of talking to him about my Jeep ] Just take your hose off and take to a local shop. Call around, probably most are still open. You need special dies to crimp the hose, and also need to know how to do it so it will last. STAY SAFE ...!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/ Mahindra ML112 hose question #7  
They will be 9/16. None of those hoses would have metric ends. The ones plumbed to the tractor itself might be, but that's probably it.

And he should know, Mr. Kansas Machine Works, himself..... home of your loaders birth.... :)

/ Mahindra ML112 hose question #8  
And he should know, Mr. Kansas Machine Works, himself..... home of your loaders birth.... :)

He's probably already gotten it fixed. He sent me an email the other day and I was guiding him how to go about getting them. I didn't actually check the forum at the time.

I want to thank everyone for responding.

The answer was actually from member Ruffdog who guided me to order the hose with 3/8" JIC female and the #6 O-Ring Male Boss ends. Ordered the parts from discount hydraulics. Mounted them up, am ready for a leak test.

Definitely not Metric Jerry.

/ Mahindra ML112 hose question #10  
.... hose with 3/8" JIC female and the #6 O-Ring Male Boss ends...

No fault to Jerry, but they do change hose sizes and thread types on CUT models from the same companies. My own DaeDong tractor uses a mix of JIC and metric O-ring. One of my JDs had lots of standard ORFS fittings, and another did not.

Measure the threads and type the fittings to be sure, or bring to a shop who will.