Mahindra "music socket"

/ Mahindra "music socket" #1  

Anonymous Poster

Mahindra \"music socket\"

Hey, this forum wasn't here when I looked this morning!!! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif Thanks Muhammad!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I think I found the music socket referred to on the 00 series wiring diagrams. It is taped up on the harness under the seat. Maybe a generic power plug available for owner installed stereo, or possibly the engineers were thinking ahead to a cab version?? I have not had a chance to call my dealer, it is long distance form the ranch. Has anyone else asked about this item to their dealer? Used my FEL to pull a dead tree trunk out of a mulberry tree for a widow woman down the road and I guess I should have wrapped the chain a little closer to the end.. trunk swang out and marked the paint on the hood /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif but I think it will buff out. Oh well, what are tractors for, work or show! I intend to work this one and detail out my Super C to ride in parades. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif Chet

/ Mahindra "music socket" #2  
Re: Mahindra \"music socket\"

Hey Chet:
I am going to look tomorrow under the seat. I guess I am looking for an open plug looking thing, right? Also, I of course have the work light on the fender, but am interested in adding a couple of more work lights. Any ideas on what, how and where to mount these things. I know I don't want to drill holes in roll bar. Read previous posts about harbor freight having lights that strap on and swivel. Now that I said that, sounds kinda strange. Oh well, any ideas on wiring, switches, etc.?

/ Mahindra "music socket"

Slippy: I think the socket is green, I will look again tonight. I have not thought about putting lights on the roll bar, but all those black plastic plugs in the top of the fenders are protective caps to protect the nuts that are welded on to the underside of the fender. I don't know, but they might be metric, you could use them to mount more lights. I would imagine you could tap into the hot lead for the factory light and turn 'em all on at once from the one switch. Or find a hot wire under the dash and mount independant switches somewhere. I will look at the socket tonight and check the wires colors against the diagram. Chet

OK, there is a wire harness that runs undr the seat across the top of the hydraulic unit. There are two plug connectors that are folded back and taped to the harness just under the seat slide release handle. the black one is the music socket with three wires (red, yellow,black). The other connector is green, is made to take six wires, but only has 5 wires into it (green, green w/red stripe, red, black, green w/black stripe) and I do not find it anywhere on the wiring diagram. I have no idea what it is for, might just be a junction or something like that. I have not unwound the tape to see any more detail. Also, there is an unused ground lug along this area also. Does any one know? Chet /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Mahindra "music socket" #5  

Hey Chet,

BTY how big is the plug? Could it be for a trailer? Or a Euro spec electrical plug in?

/ Mahindra "music socket" #6  

Chet:
If I take a tester and check the green socket with lights on and off, would that tell me if it is designed for extra lighting?

Woodbeef, the green plug is about 1 inch wide and 3/8 inch thick. I have not untaped and /or closely examined it. I will try to do that this week. Chet

Slippy, that is a good idea. I have not examined either plug closely, I will try to get to it this week, and unravel the tape, etc. The wiring diagram should tell if there is power at the musc socket and under what conditions. I will take a look at it. The green plug is still a mystery, I could not even find those wire color combinations on the wiring diagram. Chet