Mahindra opening new facility?

/ Mahindra opening new facility? #1  

Slippy

Veteran Member
Tractor
Mahindra 6000 4wd; IH x2; NHTC40DSS; International 1086; JD 5115M
Anyone know anything about Mahindra opening up a new import facility in the eastern part of the US?

/ Mahindra opening new facility? #3  
Yes Mahindra has a place in Calhoon GA, the started sometime after the first of the year from my understanding.

/ Mahindra opening new facility?
Yeap. The one in Georgia. Does anyone know if they will get their product from Texas, or will it come directly from India? My thought was that if it is coming directly from India to Georgia, one might expect faster turn around for parts, and possibly better prices in the eastern part of the US because of reduced shipping costs.

/ Mahindra opening new facility? #5  
I'm just guessing here, but normally products from that side of the Suez come in to the West coast. Products from the Mediterranean side come to the East coast. So, it's not likely to shorten shipping times from the factory, but the good news is it is likely to widen distribution and parts availability since there will be multiple distribution points, thus making parts easier to get.

/ Mahindra opening new facility? #6  
When i bought my 5500 the dealer told me they got overnite delivery of "warranty" parts from the warehouse in Houston but there would be a warehouse opening soon in the Atlanta area and routine parts orders should be faster. My own experience with McMaster-Carr in Atlanta is regular ground arrives next day anyway. ( I am located in northwest Miss.)