Mahindra or LS?

/ Mahindra or LS? #11  
oakthorpelake said:
Thank you all for your input, but I have ordered the LS G3033. It should be delivered in about 2 weeks. Overall I was indecisive about this tractor or the Mahindra 3016 but I don't think that I could have gone wrong with either one.
A few differences that I noticed: LS has steel hyd. lines on the FEL=Mahindra uses rubber hose; All blue steel on the LS=Mahindra has red plastic upper fenders that were turning pink on 1 month old tractors. 5 more HP on the LS, 12/12 gearing on LS vs. 8/8 on Mahindra, $500 more for LS.
I have been looking at the Mahindra for quite a while now and every time I see one they are rusting around the axles and the PTO.
The LS dealer threw in 1 set of rear remotes, folding ROPS and a rear worklight. He has been a Montana dealer for years, so I know that he's not going anywhere.
Thanks again!

Good going both are great. I have had a LS for a year today been happy with it.

/ Mahindra or LS? #12  
I bought mine almost 2 years ago, back when they were thousands less than the competitors, and have been happy with it. It did have an intermittent problem with the tachometer working sporadically which I have found to be caused by a bad connection in the wiring harness that is fixed easiy buy just tyrapping the joint. Other than that not one problem. The only issue I have with them now is that they cost about the same as the others but do have a lot more features for about the same price. One of the better features is the rear remotes and most models come with 1 or 2 more than their competition as standard (mine has 3 sets). I have been telling folks here for 20 month what a bargain they were, but last time I priced one about 3 weeks ago, it was comparable to all the others so price is no longer a + just an= Now they have to stand on their features. I find it hard to believe that the fit and finish is worse than any other brand as that was one of the reasons for me buying. Perhaps the assembly plant in NC needs a little nasty gram sent to the plant manager to tighten up the troops.

/ Mahindra or LS?
It was $15,900 for the G3033 & Loader. The dealer wouldn't budge on the price, but he threw in the folding ROPS, 1 rear remote & a rear worklight @ $500 value. I still could have bought the same tractor cheaper from out of state, but I know the quality service that this guy provides and he is 10 minutes from my house.
Have you made a decision yet on yours?

/ Mahindra or LS? #14  
Still haven't decided... I decided to wait to decide based on whether or not i got an ag exempt fron my state that would zero out sales tax. I got it! Now, i'm back where i started.. It hasocurred to me that as hard (impossible) as it'sbeen to find a compact tractor with fel, the resale arket shouldn't bebad if i were to lose my job. We're not rich...i' supporting 2 people on less than 40k a year but we've managed to save some and this what we'd use to help with payments. The fact is i can't even think about making money with farm without a tractor!

/ Mahindra or LS? #15  
Don't know the specifics of the tractors involved, but when I made my decision six years ago, the weight was the deal maker. Mahindra tractors tend to be heavier than others (might not be in your particular case) and that is an advantage for a lot of tasks, but for mowing, weight was a negative for me. It came down to Mahindra, Deere, Kubota and New Holland, and I went with New Holland right after the local Deere dealer went out. Of course the New Holland dealer also went out a few months later, but there is another about the same distance away. When I made the 50 mile trip to the Kubota dealer, they told me the salesman was out and I should make an appointment (? - yeah, right.)

/ Mahindra or LS? #16  
When I was shopping last fall, I looked at all of them. Bought the Kubota and no regrets at all! The Mahindra was a close second and a lot of bang for the buck. But I still got into a comparable Kubota for less $$$.

/ Mahindra or LS? #17  
I was going between the LSG3033 HST and the MAX28XL HST.

Both seem like fantastic machines.

For me, the LS would have been just slightly too large for what I'm doing, and narrow (tippy?)...

Comparing the Max28 to the LS 27hp... no comparison. The LS 27 HP was all wrong for me.

But walking away from the G3033 was very difficult.

/ Mahindra or LS? #18  
madmax, what don't you like about LS 27 HP?. i am thinking about getting the LS 3010 the spec seem to be what i want for clearing small trees in the wood.

I was going between the LSG3033 HST and the MAX28XL HST.

Both seem like fantastic machines.

For me, the LS would have been just slightly too large for what I'm doing, and narrow (tippy?)...

Comparing the Max28 to the LS 27hp... no comparison. The LS 27 HP was all wrong for me.

But walking away from the G3033 was very difficult.

/ Mahindra or LS? #19  
Boongard,

J2030h was the model I test drove. Same motor as max28, but uncomfortable and super narrow. The LS dealer only had 4 tractors, and ZERO personality, or I may have grabbed the 3033. I've never seen the model u want, but ill bet it is great...its prob as comfortable and same size as the 3033, just less HP.

/ Mahindra or LS? #20  
LS is new to US market, their price seem to be very good compare to the other well know name and the tractor seem to be well build.
my plan is to use it clear about 20 acres of forest land that was clear cut 10-12 years ago. i went there to look at area last week, it is in Maine trees are about 10-15 feet tall very dense. Most people i talk to said 3010 is too small for the task. i want some thing small enough to be able to tow back to Virginia in the winter.

Boongard,

J2030h was the model I test drove. Same motor as max28, but uncomfortable and super narrow. The LS dealer only had 4 tractors, and ZERO personality, or I may have grabbed the 3033. I've never seen the model u want, but ill bet it is great...its prob as comfortable and same size as the 3033, just less HP.