Mahindra power steering

/ Mahindra power steering #1  

Raster

Tractor
Mahindra 2665, JD 2305, JD X475, JD 665
I have a Mahindra (TYM) 2665 with 160 h. I notice that when I make a tight turn, and the power steering turns the front wheels to their limit, it is still possible to rotate the steering wheel. This has occurred since new, but seems peculiar. The power steering otherwise performs normally, and there are no fluid leaks.

I did ask someone who owns a slightly smaller Mahindra, and they have noticed this as well with their machine. Thus, I am inclined to believe that this is normal behavior, but I am asking if anyone has had a similar experience.

/ Mahindra power steering #2  
Sounds like a non-load orbital valve style steering. The non-load means there's no feedback felt in the steering wheel. This type also doesn't return to center if you let go of the steering wheel. There isn't a center. The valve sends the preasure in the direction you turn. Not the best but they are the least expensive.

/ Mahindra power steering #3  
put a heavy load on them, on asphalt and the wheel will actually turn back, i assume due overloading the steering. I find I constantly have to correct when using it

/ Mahindra power steering #4  
Sounds like a non-load orbital valve style steering. The non-load means there's no feedback felt in the steering wheel. This type also doesn't return to center if you let go of the steering wheel. There isn't a center. The valve sends the preasure in the direction you turn. Not the best but they are the least expensive.
I don’t run any brand down because that is an individual choice! But things like that is why I shy away from this brand. And also. They turn pink. I let others buy these

/ Mahindra power steering #5  
I don’t run any brand down because that is an individual choice! But things like that is why I shy away from this brand. And also. They turn pink. I let others buy these
I didn't mean to sound like I was putting the machine down. I meant that type of valve is the cheaper of all the different types of steering valves. I robbed one off a Commercial Jacobs Reel Mower to use in my Kenbota. It's an open center valve so it needs its own source of pressure or a divider and a return to tank line.

/ Mahindra power steering #6  
Pretty sure many Kubota and other brands of newer tractors use orbital valves with no direct connection between the steering wheel and the front wheels. The steering wheel operates the valve and sends hydraulic fluid to a cylinders connected to the tie rods.

/ Mahindra power steering #7  
I didn't mean to sound like I was putting the machine down. I meant that type of valve is the cheaper of all the different types of steering valves. I robbed one off a Commercial Jacobs Reel Mower to use in my Kenbota. It's an open center valve so it needs its own source of pressure or a divider and a return to tank line.
I understand sir.
Pretty sure many Kubota and other brands of newer tractors use orbital valves with no direct connection between the steering wheel and the front wheels. The steering wheel operates the valve and sends hydraulic fluid to a cylinders connected to the tie rods.
well you might be right. They are similar. Should be enough posters on here to get a feel if one is of a lower quality than the rest. I know I am reading where komatsu is gaining ground on Caterpillar as far as quality goes

/ Mahindra power steering
Thanks for all of the responses to my question about the Mahindra steering issue. Just wanted to make that there was not some problem because I don’t see this kind of steering on my JD. As for the Mahindra, it provides a lot of relatively inexpensive horsepower and easily handles my 10‘ bush hog. Very pleased with it.

/ Mahindra power steering #9  
Thanks for all of the responses to my question about the Mahindra steering issue. Just wanted to make that there was not some problem because I don’t see this kind of steering on my JD. As for the Mahindra, it provides a lot of relatively inexpensive horsepower and easily handles my 10‘ bush hog. Very pleased with it.
Raster if you’re happy that all that is important! Drive on

/ Mahindra power steering #10  
I don't think any of the modern power steering setups have a direct mechanical link to the wheels but could be wrong.