Mahindra rotary cutter

/ Mahindra rotary cutter #11  
We bought an Xtreme Duty 72 inch Brush Cutter from Everything Attachments.
75 hp gearbox, fully welded 10 gauge deck and so forth.
$1995 and free shipping 1000 miles. Check it out. Watch the videos.

Previously, we purchased a 72 inch single lid Wicked Root Grapple from EA and I was so pleased with that, I decided to get their brush cutter. They have both proven to be well worth the money.

/ Mahindra rotary cutter #12  
We have sold 2 or 3 of the Mahindra brush cutters. No complaints or issues thus far. :thumbsup:

/ Mahindra rotary cutter #13  
We bought an Xtreme Duty 72 inch Brush Cutter from Everything Attachments.
75 hp gearbox, fully welded 10 gauge deck and so forth...

The video says it has 4 inch blades. The web page does not. I emailed them about this and received the following reply:

" We had do go to the 3” blades, the 4” did not work well, but we are trying to get more 4” to try at this time… "

The 4 inch blades, same as a Bush Hog, is what made me pull the trigger on this. Not sure where this leaves me, but I will get back to you if there are any developments.

/ Mahindra rotary cutter #14  
My wife is from Athens Tennessee and our last trip there we rode down to Cleveland and drove over to the Kodiak plant. Nice facility with excellent access to I-75. They are now part of the Paladin group.

/ Mahindra rotary cutter #15  
I got the Mahindra 60" SD at the same time I purchased the tractor. It cuts well and is quite impressive on saplings and other brush. That being said it is horrible at scalping marks in the field. I cant set it very low on the slightest of uneven ground. Maybe I still don't have it set up right, but I'm seriously considering attaching some wheels to the leading edges. In hindsight, a flail might have been a better choice for what I use it for.

/ Mahindra rotary cutter #16  
Mower is a mower for the most part. They all cut the same and all offer the same GB sizes.. its how it holds up is the real question.. the SD mowers are plenty comparable to any standard mower.. I have a MHD round back with 90hp GB.. its way overkill but found it cheap and is a great mower.. wish it had the heavier QH style hook up... If I bought a new one it would be this Modern SS hot dipped galvanized in a 6ft and QH style hook up. Lots of moisture down here and painted items used in situations shredders do get gashes and dents easier... even a scratch can lead to rust. These last a lifetime

http://www.modernusa.com/images/ss-pop.pdf

/ Mahindra rotary cutter #17  
The video says it has 4 inch blades. The web page does not. I emailed them about this and received the following reply:

" We had do go to the 3” blades, the 4” did not work well, but we are trying to get more 4” to try at this time… "

The 4 inch blades, same as a Bush Hog, is what made me pull the trigger on this. Not sure where this leaves me, but I will get back to you if there are any developments.

What do you mean when you say didn't work well? like cut quality? or lots of vibration?

/ Mahindra rotary cutter #18  
If I bought a new one it would be this Modern SS hot dipped galvanized in a 6ft and QH style hook up. Lots of moisture down here and painted items used in situations shredders do get gashes and dents easier... even a scratch can lead to rust. These last a lifetime

http://www.modernusa.com/images/ss-pop.pdf

Galvanizing is still just a surface coat. It will still gash, scratch and dent, and rust at those spots.

/ Mahindra rotary cutter #19  
What do you mean when you say didn't work well? like cut quality? or lots of vibration?

Okay. Yesterday, the company replied to my email and asked what do I want to be satisfied. I told them I liked their attitude and the cutter was working well enough as it was, with 3 inch blades.

Today, the big boss man, Jeb in the videos, called me on my phone and informed me that a set of 4 inch blades and a new carrier plate would be sent to me in a few days and that I could keep the ones I already had. He informed me that the 4" blade and carrier assembly they had before (the 72" Xtreme Duty is a new cutter for them) could hit the gearbox fasteners. He added that they temporarily filled orders with the 3" blades and plate until they found a solution.

As far as I'm concerned, they have the right attitude when it comes to customer service, though they might have avoided some problems if they had handled it differently up front. Based on my experience, I would buy from them again. If you have questions, call them directly and ask for Jeb.

1(866) 581-5818 or email Rick Rinehardt, rick at (Temporarily blocked due to reports of company closure)

Last edited:
   / Mahindra rotary cutter #20  
Galvanizing is still just a surface coat. It will still gash, scratch and dent, and rust at those spots.

They come with a 10yr rust through warranty and iv never seen anyone use it... you would have to try very hard to put a dent or scratch the surface on one of these.. they last twice as long as any painted deck no doubt