Mahindra test drive

/ Mahindra test drive #11  
First question. Why are you expecting to have problems with your tractor?

/ Mahindra test drive #12  
<font color="red"> Bob, while the 10 series is built by TYM in Korea, I've also been under the impression that at least some of the 15 series are built by Mitsubishi in Japan. Is that correct? </font>

You are right, the 15 Series (all of them) are made by Mitsubishi in Japan. It is kind of confusing with all the different Mahindra models available just where they come from. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif The 15 Series previously enjoyed a run under the Cub Cadet brand name. They were the 7000 series. Prior to becoming Cub Cadets, in the early 90's they were branded under the CaseIH name. These model Mitsubishis sure got around! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Mahindra test drive #13  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I test drove a 35 HP Mahindra w/ shuttle shift, and it drove nice. But I was quoted $18,000 for the tractor w/FEL. After investigating, I've found the Kama brand with shuttle shift and I can get a 35HP unit with FEL and backhoe for much less than $18,000.
If I'm going to have problems, I'd rather have them on a less expensive machine.

Image05.jpg
)</font>
I am not sure what you are asking for. Do you want a debate on which is better? I ain't going to do it. If the you are convenced that the Kama is the tractor for you and the dealer is reliable, get it. There are many others who have bought Kamas and are happy. There will be many after you. If you get it keep us updated.

/ Mahindra test drive #14  
I have a neighbor that bought a 30 HP FarmPro, which if I am not mistaken is built by the same folks who build Kama, Jinma. He purchased it new last October. The hydraulic 3PH quit functioning on it, and now he is having to pay to have it repaired by the dealer, as the 6 month warranty is long gone. The repair will put a sizeable dent in his initial savings. It could have been worse, he could be looking at replacing an engine or tranny.

BTW, that 3510 Mahindra comes with a 3 year warranty.

/ Mahindra test drive #15  
One can usually look at the warranty time from the manufacture. This should tell you some things about the products. 3yr warr on a tractor is not much to brag about imho, but it beats the hay out of a 6 mos warr I would imagine!

/ Mahindra test drive #16  
KevinW what state are you in?

/ Mahindra test drive
Hey Guys,

Thanks for the info. The 554 seems to have a good reputation. I'm sure all could have their problems.
I live in NC.

/ Mahindra test drive #18  
I think several people have those tractors and have not had any issues. Any issues I've read about seem to be fairly minor, and can be fixed easy enough by someone with some basic mechanical skills. It looks like a pretty good value.

/ Mahindra test drive #19  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( </font><font color="blueclass=small">( Mahindra's "big" tractors ("00" series in particular) are built by Mahindra in India. The compacts ("10" series, et al) are built in S. Korea by TYM. TYM builds tractor under about 3 or 4 names.....BobG in VA )</font>

<font color="blue"> </font>

)</font>
Bob,

The Mahindra 2015, 2615, and the 3015 are all made by Mitsubishi Heavy Industries in Japan.