Mahindra Tractors (and catagory)

/ Mahindra Tractors (and catagory) #1  

Anonymous Poster

Glad to find this site. Comments by participants about Mahindra make me feel good about buying a 5500. Took delivery 2/25/03. So wet here all I've been able to do is ride 100 yds up the gravel road and back - THE BOSS (wife) would get hot if I rutted up her pastures & arena.
I agree that the Mahindra looks like and seems to be a heavy duty no nonsense tractor without fancy bells and whistles (and no electronics thank goodness) but with the features you really need to do the work. I am looking forward to using my 5500 in the near future and reading comments from other users, PLEASE post info that will help me better use the Mahindra.
I agree we need a seperate Mahindra catagory.

/ Mahindra Tractors (and catagory) #2  
How about a little more info on your Bio ? what part of the country are you in,where did you buy the 5500? thanks

/ Mahindra Tractors (and catagory)
Sorry, I forgot to mention my area of the country. I live between Merigold and Drew Mississippi in the heart of the Mississippi delta - west side northern have of the state.

/ Mahindra Tractors (and catagory) #4  
What options did you get and how much did you pay?

This might be the one for me also.

Thanks

Yooper Dave

/ Mahindra Tractors (and catagory) #5  
Wonderful! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif A new member and a new Mahindra owner. Great! So, tell us more. Did you get the Great Bend loader or the KMW? Any attachements? What kind of tires? First tractor?

Most important, glad you agree we need seperate Mahindra section.

Sorry I left out so much pertinent info. - I am a "new guy" and still learning. What's the box on the log in screen that says "remember me"? Should I check it?
Need to admit I am a first time tractror buyer - looked at a lot of used but determined I could spend $3500 to $6000 and have absolutely no warrentee - if it broke it would be on me. Originally saw Mahindra at Dixie National Rodeo & Horse Show in Jackson, Ms. in 2002, looked good but wasn't sure I could afford "new".
Now about the Mahindra. Bought from Scott Tractor in Richland, Ms. - Stacy Scott, started discussions about Mahindra purchase with the District Rep. Mike Junkin of Grenada , Ms.. Both men were extremely helpful in selecting and getting thru the purchase process. My info indicates the 4500, 5500, & 6000 are all the same size/frame(4500 is 3 cyl others are 4 cyl) but run 42, 54, 59 engine hp respectfully. Interesting side note on hp, the brochure lists 44 PTO hp for the 5500 but the owner/operators manual lists 46 PTO hp and both men said this was underated due to the way the EPA(?) requires the tests/reports- Stacy indicated actual hp runs 4 to 6 higher than listed in printed material. BS/sales pitch, I don't know, and don't know how much difference it would make.
I did not get a FEL, want one but lack of $$ precluded, may be able to add later. Got a package deal that included the Mahindra 5500, Tufline 6 1/2' disc (sealed bearings), Tufline 6' box blade (w/teeth), International (not Harvester) 6' clipper/cutter. (I requested middle of the road - not HD but not light duty equipment). I bought it during the 2003 Dixie National Rodeo & Horse Show and there was a show rebate from the mfg, and show discounts involved, total cost a little over $14,000.00 for all. I think it was a real good deal and I am really looking forward to working with this equipment.
I agree with another forum respondant - I think Mahindra is making an aggressive play for market share, particularly here in the south. The dealer I used sold between 350 and 400 Mahindras last year.
Question: what is the practical difference between sealed bearings vs pillow block bearings on a disc - I know what they are but how do they effect operation?
If any of you have suggestions on how to best use and preserve my equipment or other comments please reply.
Yes, we difinitely need a seperate Mahindra section.
(Gee, I kinda got long winded.)

Re: tires Goodyear 14.9 x 28 - 12 ply rear, Titan 7.50 x 16 (4 groove) front.

/ Mahindra Tractors (and catagory) #8  
Glad to see another Mahindra owner, and wish you the best of luck. my 2810 has been great, i take it you got a 2wd looking at the tire sizes. I agree with the rest of you we need a mahindra forum.

/ Mahindra Tractors (and catagory) #9  
Earthmaster...
I have a 2810 as well. How long have you had it? Are you happy wit it? Do you have a rotary cutter? What size? I love the machine but then again I think I'd love any machine as long as it ran well. Does your FEL contoller get stuck in position in very cold weather?

/ Mahindra Tractors (and catagory) #10  
I've had my Mahindra 2810 since around the end of summer, i love it , have had no problem, the joy stick works fine, i was just using it this morning with it around 0 F to move some snow from last night no problem, i have used it alot this year in the cold for snow and had no problems. i wish i had a cab, maybe next year but then it probably wont snow like this again for a few years. no rotary cutter for me but looking at a Befco 3pt finish mower for the spring, i was thinking 60" rear discharge but may go with side, i know thats a whole different debate in the forums here.