Mahindra Tractors Quality and Reliability?

/ Mahindra Tractors Quality and Reliability? #11  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I don't know where you pulled that stat, but I get just the opposite perception.)</font>

I get that stat from the facts of who is selling tractors in the CUT market. You can cover over 90% of the market with about 5 manufacturers. Of people who buy those brands their customers report that reliability, dependability, and resale value among top reasons for them to purchase that brand. You can look up other information on your own.

Mahindra and Mahindra have been around for a long time and were one of the major builders of the venerable old Willy's Jeep we used in WWII. I never said that it was a crap company or that their tractors are junk. Only when a tractor company can begin selling to 2nd and 3rd generations of customers will their resale value rise. They are only relatively new here in the U.S.; not a new company. Otherwise, they generally get first time buyers or people who buy on price. As long as they have people saying things like "I got (in my opinion) just as much tractor for a lot less money", their resale will stay low. They need 'non-qualified' statements such as "it's a great tractor" first. Perhaps, better yet for my current choices, "I think the Mahindra 7010 Cab tractor with the ML170 Loader is an awesome tractor!" Notice, no qualification of "for less money". When you feel the need to tag that on, you are telling people that the quality is suspect; not me. My statement early in the post was not qualified. Good day.

/ Mahindra Tractors Quality and Reliability? #12  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( When you feel the need to tag that on, you are telling people that the quality is suspect; not me.)</font>
Taking my statement out of context and applying your logic to it doesn't in any way, shape, or form mean that I was saying anything about quality. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I don't think you interpreted my statement quite the way I intended it (a common problem with the written word, and especially in forums such as this). My 2615 is an awesome machine. As are comparable machines from JD and Kub. The fact that I paid about 20% less for my Mahindra than I would have paid for a comparable JD or Kub is just icing on the cake. Still says nothing about quailty. Price paid for something is not always a good indicator of quality. The main point I was trying to make is that whether I went green, orange, red, or blue resale value would have played no part in my decision. The deciding factors for me were: <ul type="square"> [*]Local dealer reputation/support [*]Performance/reliability reputation among owners [*]Which tractor "felt" right. I test drove several in varying colors [*]Price/financing deals [/list]

My personal evaluation found that the quality (however you measure it... it often comes down to personal opinion) of the green, orange, blue, and red tractors was top notch. All of them produce units that I'd love to have. Once I was satisfied with the "quality" of the particular models I was looking at, I moved on to other factors (listed above) to make my decision. And, in my opinion (we all have one, right?), the green, orange, and blue models were significantly over-priced. They just weren't worth (to me) what they were selling for. If others can justify paying more for them, that's cool with me. To each his own.

Later,

BR

/ Mahindra Tractors Quality and Reliability? #13  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">(
Not to hijack anything, but I have never bought a tractor based on resale value. Right now I have "about 4" (own half interest in one). My do it all tractor is a Mahindra 6000 4WD, FEL with Bradco 511 BH, 7ft box blade and 7 ft HD brush hog. Actually, I expect to "pass it on" to my nephew after I do the big "pass".....but, thinking about it, I got such a good deal on it, I wouldn't sell it anyway.....BobG in VA )</font>

Amen Bob! My mother always said I was different than the other kids, so that would explain while I am in that 1% (??) also.

/ Mahindra Tractors Quality and Reliability? #14  
Interesting about the resale topic. It has been discussed at length. I'm hoping to buy a couple dozen of these used Mahindra's that aren't worth anything. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif I am sure there are isolated examples, but we simply do not see them selling cheap used in California.

On another thread a guy was discussing trading in his 790 Deere, I think with about 200 hours. It was a 4wd with a loader and the Deere dealer offered him $10K in trade. That is about a $5k loss in just a couple of years. Had that been a Mahindra, Branson, Kioti, etc, there would have surely been comments about poor resale value.

Back to the topic, the quality is excellent as is reliability. They aren't perfect, but very good. Occasionally I wander to the Kubota area and read about crooked loader mounts on a L3400 or problems with the jerky three-point on the L2800, etc. Even as good as Kubota is, they all have issues occasionally. Kubota is somewhat of a benchmark in the small tractor world, that's the only reason I mentioned them. Not meaning to slight the brand, just an example.

/ Mahindra Tractors Quality and Reliability? #15  
Dargo

I also don't put much stock in resale value. I don't know anybody who did not buy a tractor that they liked because it did not have good resale value. What is the differnce if you save 20% up front buying a non big 3 tractor or saving 20% on the resale value when you sell it. Think about the 1% that keep it for life they can not save anything buying a big 3 tractor. I also would like to see in wrighting the numbers you have to support your so called facts.

/ Mahindra Tractors Quality and Reliability? #16  
Resale issue is really a moot point. Somewhere a long time ago someone did a strictly numbers comparison onthe resale issue and either it came out as a wash or the "non big three" had slightly better resale as a percentage loss. I have to admit that I don't believe that resale matters a rats behind to 75% of buyers. They are buying a tractor for life. However I don't belive it has always been this way. In the past, most of these tractors were most likely being bought for commercial use. Those people would care about resale, as they would trade often. Now, more CUT's are being bought by comsumers for use at home than ever before. Most hope to never trade. We can throw out all the "numbers" we want here for "stats", but the truth is any number or "stat" can be twisted to make it come out the way you want it too. You can play with formulas and ways of processing data utill it says what you want it to. The list of reasons why someone bought something is really not a valid data reference simply because I do not believe that is asked open-ended that resale would come up much. You ask someone what things influenced their decision to buy tractor brand XYZ and give them a list of options of price, quality, features, RESALE etc.... you can bet that people will note resale just because it is there even though it was not a factor in their decision. It's easy to stack this deck of cards.

In the end I don't think we can know the "true" answers here. This is just my opinion and I am sure there are quite a few people that will disagree with a lot of it. That's A-Ok with me since I don't always agree with them....even my own opinions stink sometimes /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Have a great Easter all!

p.s. sorry this was so long.... lol

/ Mahindra Tractors Quality and Reliability? #17  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Dargo

I also don't put much stock in resale value.... I also would like to see in wrighting the numbers you have to support your so called facts. )</font>

Since you seem to want to be a bit personal, perhaps they taught those facts the same year they taught spelling, courtesy and manners. If you cannot look up "so called" (yes, I take that as an insult - if you want to disagree with me, do it with facts and not feigned arrogance) facts on your own. I have no desire to help people with an attitude like yours.

The fact that I consider Mahindra one of the best buys and a quality tractor seems to have just gone right over your head, and you seem to have tunnel vision on getting burned on resale value. Facts are, and always will be, what they are. Do a little research on your own rather than be arrogant and rude, and perhaps you can learn something.

/ Mahindra Tractors Quality and Reliability? #18  
i agree, when i bought my tractor, resale value was the last thing on my mind, i feel like i bought just as good of a tractor as the big three. but resale value is only as good as the shape and cond. the tractor is in anyway, who wants to buy a worn out tractor reguardless of the color. but just my oppion.

/ Mahindra Tractors Quality and Reliability? #19  
Dargo
thats it call me names that way you don't have to come up with the facts that you said you have all you had to say is its your oppion. If you are going to call it fact be ready to back it up or take your ball and go home.

/ Mahindra Tractors Quality and Reliability? #20  
Don't know what the facts are about what brand has best resale or who considers resale when they buy, but I can tell you a real world experience: I bought the 6000 4x4 new and had no intentions of resale, next thing you know I'm looking at cab tractors, maybe I should have looked at resale? Dealer offered me a loss of 35% and that's on a trade, same brand. So that said maybe you should consider resale or trade, however I think you'll be hard pressed to find a better tractor and I know you won't beat the price!