Mahindra Tractors, thoughts

/ Mahindra Tractors, thoughts #31  
Mahindra has a real winner in the new 35 series line. Especially the 4535 and 5035 model. Plenty of power and well designed. These will be big sellers even though they will not be formally introduced in the US for another 30-45 days.
Some of the smaller dealers don't yet know these 4 cyl models exist. However a few smaller dealers are just now getting information on the 5035 model.

I have seen both up close and came away very impressed.

Kerry

/ Mahindra Tractors, thoughts #32  
I have an '05 4110 built by TYM. Compared to the comparable versions of Kubota, Deere and New Holland it was a much better built machine, heavier and at a lower price. I've dozed over trees with this tractor, it pulls a MF disk with less effort than a 4000 Ford. Over 400 hours and it has been basically maintenance free.

I'm not brand loyal at all, but when I spoke to mechanic at a Kubota/New Holland dealer and he told me you can't bushhog a hillside with the Kubota or New Holland 40 hp models as they slide around too much it really made a difference with me. I have lots of hillside and the Mahindra sticks like glue.

The John Deere slid across the gravel parking lot with a slight grade when applying the brakes. I could imagine trying to come to a stop on some of the hillsides I have stopped my 4110 on would be suicide.

Mahindra will be at the top of my list the next time I purchase a new tractor, as will TYM.

/ Mahindra Tractors, thoughts #33  
I have a bit more than 5 years on mine and it failed me yesterday. Well, it broke, a little. Wont turn off with the key. I shall endevor to persevere.

When I bought, I got a 35HP beast for a bit less than I could have had a large greene 27HP lawnmower with a loader made by Yanmar or the and about the same $$ for a 28hp orange one, both with early 70's styling and tech. Having operated greene ones for a long time, I like red.

The paint isnt the best and faded to pink, the grey just flakes off the deck.

Try this with a 790 :)

barn11.jpg

/ Mahindra Tractors, thoughts #34  
I had the same problem on my Scorpion tractor which is also made by TYM. Mine has a Kubota engine which they used at the time. My tractor needed a new shut off solenoind on the unjection pump. It was easy to fix but until I could fix it I used the shut off lever just above the brake pedals. Yours may have the same manual shut off. Mine is a hst so you just cant put it in high gear and apply the brakes. That is the only repair I have had to do in the 3-1/2 years I have owned it. I have been very happy with the tractor and would pick a red tractor over a green one again.

/ Mahindra Tractors, thoughts #35  
I have a bit more than 5 years on mine and it failed me yesterday. Well, it broke, a little. Wont turn off with the key. I shall endevor to persevere.

When I bought, I got a 35HP beast for a bit less than I could have had a large greene 27HP lawnmower with a loader made by Yanmar or the and about the same $$ for a 28hp orange one, both with early 70's styling and tech. Having operated greene ones for a long time, I like red.

The paint isnt the best and faded to pink, the grey just flakes off the deck.

Try this with a 790 :)

barn11.jpg
OK... my curiosity is killin' me. What'r ya building there... a Mother-In-Law cage, I mean appartment?

/ Mahindra Tractors, thoughts #36  
Question: I have a Mahindra 4510 cab tractor. Would that be considered a Mahindra, Mitsubishi or TYM based? Thanks

/ Mahindra Tractors, thoughts #38  
If it is TYM based is that the good, bad or the ugly vs. the others and the reasons? Thanks

/ Mahindra Tractors, thoughts #39  
If it is TYM based is that the good, bad or the ugly vs. the others and the reasons? Thanks

I can not give you an honest evaluation of the 4510, although TYMs do seem to be a pretty good product. I have seen them, but never really looked at them, sorry. As far as the Mahindra made Mahindras, they seem to be built quite well IMO. I have a 7520, and it has been a very good machine for me. At the top of most of the specs when compared to other makes of similar size and power. I also have a 3215HST, that is a Mitsubishi built for Mahindra. I have only had it for about a year, and while it to has been a good tractor I like the Mahindra built machines better.

/ Mahindra Tractors, thoughts #40  
I have all 3! Tym based 7010 cab, Mahindra made 6000 4x4, and Mitsubishi built 3316 HST. I'd rank them 1) Mahindra 2) Mitsubishi 3) Tym. Not that the Tym's are bad. The 7010 is just really not big enough for me and I have had the most trouble out of it. I must admit the problems have been with the wheels (Titan) and the loader. So really not Tym. My neighbor had a 4510 until it burned. He put it through 1200 hours of pure ****! It held up ok. Only problems he ever had was the front axle fell out and the loader bolts kept continuosly backing out and eventually broke off. Check them often. They are difficult to reach but imo should be replaced with a harder bolt and all the loctite you can afford. As his 4510 aged the air left a little to be desired, but it still worked. Please understand this guy should be a crash dummy, and I cannot over emphasize he tortured the poor tractor until it's death!
Does yours have the quick attach plate for the loader? Neighbor has one for sale, CHEAP!