Mahindra VS Deutz Fahr

/ Mahindra VS Deutz Fahr #1  

Modo

I am considering buying a Mahindra 5520 4WD with frontend loader or a Deutz Fahr Agrolux 57 4WD with frontend loader. Any feedback on these tractors would be appreciated.

/ Mahindra VS Deutz Fahr #2  
Mahindra makes a very very nice machine. For the record, all the majors from Agco to Yanmar make superb products. I think, depending on the parts distribution and avail in your area, I would choose the Deutz-Fahr machine. If memory serves me, Allis is their marketing and logistics partner here in the states and some of the Agco-Allis and Agco tractors are made by Same-Deutz-Fahr. Then again Mahindra is coming on strong...

Brian.

/ Mahindra VS Deutz Fahr #3  
I think this is a really cool looking machine even though I have two red tractors.

Brian

Attachments

• Deutz-Fahr-40hp%2B1950.jpg
    Deutz-Fahr-40hp%2B1950.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 5,443
   / Mahindra VS Deutz Fahr #4  
Modo said:
I am considering buying a Mahindra 5520 4WD with frontend loader or a Deutz Fahr Agrolux 57 4WD with frontend loader. Any feedback on these tractors would be appreciated.

Hard to compare anything untill all the specs are laid out....One is apparently green and one is red. Until the Deutz specs are laid against the Mahindra, thats all I can say. BobG in VA

/ Mahindra VS Deutz Fahr #5  
On most Mahrinda's we offer an optional RAK (rear axle kit) when used with loader to strengthen frame, most Deutz fits we do not. Also compare the hydraulic system, how many gpm? This is important if you're using it as a loader tractor. We typically install regenerative valves on Mahrinda's to speed up the loader response time.

/ Mahindra VS Deutz Fahr #6  
The tractors you are considering are two different animals, the Agrolux 57 at 5200 pounds it is kind of like a large compact, where the 5530 is a small ag utility about 900 lbs heavier than the Dieutz. The hydraulic GPM is about the same on the 2 tractors but the 3ph lift capacity on the Dieutz is so much more than the Mahindra, that I believe it must be a misprint on the Dieutz specs. The Dieutz has rear remotes standard and the Mahindra it is optional. I would try both tractors and see which suits your needs the best.

/ Mahindra VS Deutz Fahr #7  
I doubt its a misprint, I looked at a 90 hp deutz agrotron the other day and I think the 3 point lift was 12,000 lbs or something? Quite high for a 10000 lb tractor.

LAWALLSTRACTOR said:
The tractors you are considering are two different animals, the Agrolux 57 at 5200 pounds it is kind of like a large compact, where the 5530 is a small ag utility about 900 lbs heavier than the Dieutz. The hydraulic GPM is about the same on the 2 tractors but the 3ph lift capacity on the Dieutz is so much more than the Mahindra, that I believe it must be a misprint on the Dieutz specs. The Dieutz has rear remotes standard and the Mahindra it is optional. I would try both tractors and see which suits your needs the best.

/ Mahindra VS Deutz Fahr #8  
Hey Modo,

I've had my (deutz) SAME Argo 50 for almost 3 years. They are sort of the JD of Europe... I'm VERY happy with it. Our local Dept of Trans. has a couple of them for road-shoulder maintenance & cleanup. I had a 50HP I-H 2WD before the Same, but the Same 4WD is a much bigger animal. Very nice machine - air cooled, 3 cyl Deutz diesel - everything is easy to get too. Mine had a cab & a/c before I got it (30 hrs old). Good seat & smart layout of controls. Filters layed out well so you don't loose all the fluids when you service it. Rear remotes standard. Mine has a Quicke FEL - very nice & easy to change bucket / grubbing rake.

I would factor the Dealer into your decision. My dealer is very good and pretty close - like I said, I'm very happy with mine and would recommend them to anyone. Where are you located.

49T&C

/ Mahindra VS Deutz Fahr #9  
Why only these two? Did you look at other brands and eliminate them for some reason? Both are good brands, but it's kinda odd place to start your decision process from.

/ Mahindra VS Deutz Fahr
Thank you to everyone that has replied. I have looked at several brands, but living in East Texas I don't have many dealers close. I really like the Mahindra but the Deutz Dealer is only 20 miles away and has been a tractor dealer for many years. He was very helpful and seemed to want my business. The Mahindra Dealer is about 40 miles away. Either tractor would be a nice replacement for my MF 245. Because the Dealer is a very important part of buying, I am probaby going with the Deutz.