Comparison Mahindra vs. Kioti

/ Mahindra vs. Kioti #1  

rwork

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B6100 LS R3039H
I'm finally beginning to narrow my search down to either a Mahindra or Kioti.
I'm looking at the Mahindra 3016 HST / 3616 HST and the Kioti CK30 HST / CK35 HST.
If you've considered these tractors, I'd like to know why you chose one over the other. Give me your input!

/ Mahindra vs. Kioti #2  
If you are going to get Top and Tilt hydraulics for your 3pt hitch, you can get 2 OEM remotes with the Kioti and only 1 with the Mahindra's that you are considering.

There, now you have a response over here. Come on guys, no one else has anything good or bad to say regarding the models that rwork is considering?

I believe that the Kiotis are suppose to be run at a higher RPM than the Mahindras when they are HST. Something to think about. ;)

/ Mahindra vs. Kioti
Thanks for the nudge, MntView. Maybe some Mahindra owners will chime in.

Interesting point on the RPM, was not aware of that.

/ Mahindra vs. Kioti #4  
The problem with the question is I'm sure very few have had the opportunity to operate both. I know I haven't. I did use a borrowed LK3054 gear Kioti a few years ago. The Kioti seemed like a fine little tractor. My dad's friend still has the little Lk and it's doing fine. The 3316 Hst I have is much nicer than the LK, but I'm sure the new Kioti is too. Both manufacturers are here to stay (imo). I considered Kioti in my tractor searches, but there isn't a dealer very close. South Korean products seem to me to be near the top of the heap. I guess for me it would come down to price, dealer, and comfort.

/ Mahindra vs. Kioti #5  
The problem with the question is I'm sure very few have had the opportunity to operate both. I know I haven't. I did use a borrowed LK3054 gear Kioti a few years ago. The Kioti seemed like a fine little tractor. My dad's friend still has the little Lk and it's doing fine. The 3316 Hst I have is much nicer than the LK, but I'm sure the new Kioti is too. Both manufacturers are here to stay (imo). I considered Kioti in my tractor searches, but there isn't a dealer very close. South Korean products seem to me to be near the top of the heap. I guess for me it would come down to price, dealer, and comfort.

Exactly, I have a Kioti and love it, but I have never even sat on a Mahindra, thus cannot comment.

James K0UA

/ Mahindra vs. Kioti #6  
I have looked at both tractors. Both seem excellent build. It really comes down to your dealer. Rented a small 22hp and it darn near killed my back. :laughing:

/ Mahindra vs. Kioti
Based on what I've seen so far, I'm fairly sure I'm going to stay in the size range of the CK35 or the Mahindra 3616. Either should keep me in my size, and budget range!

/ Mahindra vs. Kioti #8  
When I was looking to purchase my '06 3215 (3616 predecessor) I wanted to buy a compact American made tractor so I looked at JD,NH & Kubota and soon realized I was looking at Japanese tractors. When I came across the Mahindra I also found out it was a Mitsubishi made tractor. One of the Mahindra dealers I visited also carried Kioti so he suggested I give one a try. My initial impression was it wasn't quite as refined. The engine sounded louder. The HST was noisier.The controls did not operate as smoothly and were more awkwardly placed. The operator platform wasn't as open and I couldn't see the loader bucket as well when operating. Even though I wasn't as familiar with Mahindra as I was with JD,NH and Kubota I felt comfortable buying Japanese. Now that was almost 6 years ago (no regrets)and since then I have read lots of favorable reviews from Branson, Montana, Kioti, LS and even Mahindra(10 series) owners. The Koreans are improving. Question is have the Japanese been idly sitting by or have they been improving as well? Hopefully you are able to operate both and let us know.

/ Mahindra vs. Kioti #9  
Help!!! my wife and I cant decide on a tractor. Im pretty certain I want a 4110 Mahindra, but I dont know anything about the Kioti brand and am not sure if we should check them out. Does anyone know anything about the Kioti brand and what compares to the mahindra 4110 ? How about the 4110 itself ? Thanks:confused2:

/ Mahindra vs. Kioti #10  
Help!!! my wife and I cant decide on a tractor. Im pretty certain I want a 4110 Mahindra, but I dont know anything about the Kioti brand and am not sure if we should check them out. Does anyone know anything about the Kioti brand and what compares to the mahindra 4110 ? How about the 4110 itself ? Thanks:confused2:

Well the 4110 looks similar in size to the DK40 in the Kioti line. Over on the Kioti forum everyone raves on the DK40se.. I have its little brother the DK35seHST and I sure like it. I can't comment on the Mahindra, I have never even sat on one. According to tractor data, both are made in Korea, and the 4110 is made by TYM in Korea. The 4110 is not on the mahindra web site at this time is it last years model? The Kioti is one of the brand names for the Daedong tractors. the others are Bobcat, McCormick, Landini. I noticed on one site that the This TYM made Mahindra uses a Daedong engine. But tractordata says it is a Mahindra engine. So bottom line, you pays your money, you take your choice.:)

James K0UA