Mahindra warranty

/ Mahindra warranty #1  

dnetherland

Tractor
Mahindra 4005
I am looking at a 2 year old 5520. It is a 2005 model and is being sold by an individual. It should still have 1-2 years left on engine/powertrain warranty. Is this transferrable to me if I buy the tractor?

Thanks
DN

/ Mahindra warranty #2  
   / Mahindra warranty
Dougster

Thanks for the reply. Sorry I didn't look further back for that thread. That gives me the information I need.

Thanks again
DN

/ Mahindra warranty #4  
dnetherland said:
Dougster
Thanks for the reply. Sorry I didn't look further back for that thread. That gives me the information I need.
Thanks again
DN
No problemo! I'd still point out that this issue of powertrain warranty transferability is not explicit in the warranty written paperwork... so if this is a big factor in your decision, it might be good to try to get MahindraUSA and/or your local dealer to put it in writing for you... even if just a simple e-mail message or two. As good as the dealers and advice given here are, I doubt they are legally binding on MahindraUSA.

Dougster

/ Mahindra warranty #5  
dnetherland said:
I am looking at a 2 year old 5520. It is a 2005 model and is being sold by an individual. It should still have 1-2 years left on engine/powertrain warranty. Is this transferrable to me if I buy the tractor?

Thanks
DN

I'd definitely contact the local dealer. Maybe even have the local dealer do a complete "50 hour service" on the machine. Chances are, you will not need the warranty, but a good dealer is priceless if you have any kind of issues.

/ Mahindra warranty #6  
I spoke directly to Mahindra's warranty dept. as well as our area's Mahindra rep and they both told me the warranty is transferable.

BUT before I purchased it I would want to see the warranty form with the actual date of sale on it so I knew exactly how much time was left on the warranty.

/ Mahindra warranty #7  
I bought a used one also. Mahindra told me warranty follows serial # and is transferrable.