Mailbox studded T post ideas needed

/ Mailbox studded T post ideas needed #51  
The break away part; any object over 5 inches tall with in the 'clear zone' of the roadway should be 'crash worthy'; ie breakaway. That doesn't mean somebody is going to hunt you down if it's not; but some of these mail boxes/posts get ridiculous, and could absolutely kill someone in a otherwise minor injury wreck. Over by the beach, giant concrete manatee mail boxes, like 2 feet from the edge of pavement, in a 55 mph speed limit,... I've seen mail boxes on a rail road rail, poured in concrete; mail box on 8" Ductile Iron Pipe, ect. Never actually heard of a specific fatality tied directly to a mail box, but im sure it happens.

/ Mailbox studded T post ideas needed #52  
My parents place was the last house on a dead end road.
There was a large turn circle that was also a part of the driveway for traffic to turn around.
The edge of the circle was over the ditch culvert right upto the edge of their property.
The mailbox was on their property but still easy for the delivery person to get to it.
The circle was large enough the plow didn't have to come that close to it.
The driver hit and broke it a number of times.
My old man got a piece of high pressure steam pipe from a friend.
Drilled a hole as deep as the auger would go, set it in cement and also filled the pipe with cement and T posts. Painted it bright orange and yellow and put reflective tape on it.
Next time the plow driver hit it he F***** up the truck pretty good. They had to tow it away.
Town guys came and looked things over and nothing more was said.
Dinged the mailbox itself but only scratched the post.(y)

/ Mailbox studded T post ideas needed #53  
I think it depends on your situation. You get salty replacing a mailbox 3-5 times a year especially when the ground is totally frozen. Especially out of your pocket. So you improve it until it is indestructible. If it is a once a year than no big deal. Since I moved I haven’t had to do it once, but my last place was 3-5 times a year. Never a snow plow. Always vehicles driving too fast or vandalism.

/ Mailbox studded T post ideas needed #54  
One solution I once saw to vandalized mailboxes was to place a standard sized mailbox inside a larger oversized one. Fill the void between the two with concrete. “Ok buddy take a swing at it”. 💥🤕😵‍💫