Maintenance Filters

/ Maintenance Filters #11  
Chevron All Weather Synthetic THF meets SUDT. I have not used it or priced it. Brian

/ Maintenance Filters #12  
I recommend the OP do a search on TSC HST fluids in modern Kubota tractors. Check in this forum, the oil forum and even other tractor forums.
The negative far outweighs any positive gained by saving a few $$$'s on these extremely long sevice intervals.....
The biggest complaint is that the TSC fluids cause a much louder whine in the HST. No failures, just poorer all-around performance.
Most go back to UDT/SUDT.....
Now if an extra loud HST whineing away whilst you work doesn't bother you, the TSC equivalent HST fluids should work fine.

Carry on
Dave

/ Maintenance Filters #13  
   / Maintenance Filters #14  
With the tight tolerances in today's hydraulic pumps and components not to mention engines this is not a place to second guess the manufacturer. While another fluid may say it meets a standard it means a test batch met the standard when tested. So how good is the quality control (consistancy) from batch to batch? The Beta ratings used to be a joke in the filter industry but todays filters are very advanced, the cheapies go to bypass in a short period of time and leave you unprotected. If you plan on keeping the tractor for a long time why skimp here? Kind of like going to an expensive restaurant and ordering a burger

/ Maintenance Filters #16  
   / Maintenance Filters #17  
I threw in a few Kubota oil and hydraulic filter numbers for my B3030 and ZD323 but your site came up empty. I also tried an oil filter for my Generac and that too wasn't listed. :mad:

For many Kubota HST hydraulic charge filters there is no cross worth taking the chance on.

Have a Generac 20Kw aircooled that takes the long oil filter and the kit with air filter, oil filter and plugs is less than $15 on Amazon buy 2 or 3 and it will make free shipping. Otherwise Ziller electric had #070185F 5 pack for $40. Not sure what an automotive cross would be.

David Kb7uns

/ Maintenance Filters #18  
For many Kubota HST hydraulic charge filters there is no cross worth taking the chance on.

Have a Generac 20Kw aircooled that takes the long oil filter and the kit with air filter, oil filter and plugs is less than $15 on Amazon buy 2 or 3 and it will make free shipping. Otherwise Ziller electric had #070185F 5 pack for $40. Not sure what an automotive cross would be.

David Kb7uns

Try and find a cross-ref after market on Kubota hyd filters is also very hard. There threads are strange and I think for this very reason.

I would never NOT try and use a cross-ref filter since 99% of manufactures filters are not any better.

Kubota does not make filters, the farm them out. I can buy there air filters (from the same mfg) 30 to 40% cheaper then an "OEM filter"; example wise.

For me, skip the OEM filters if you can. What is next, Kubota approved air in tires or kubota apprived tires

/ Maintenance Filters #19  
You spend $20,000 dollars plus on a tractor then whine about a $30 filter,,,,,,,duh

/ Maintenance Filters #20  
Kubota is one of the few manufacturer that makes everything on the tractor from loader to engine and transmission, who else has more knowledge about the requirements of their product. The Super UDT that they use has had SAE papers published about the requirements that the fluid had to meet. They may not make the air and oil filters but I am sure that who they have making them will meet their requirements. If you want a real good case of why I do not like crosses, go look up what WIX specs for the BX fuel filters. Instead of a water blocking paper element they just have a screen in a plastic housing!!!

David Kb7uns