Maintenance requirements ZTR vs "lawn tractor"

/ Maintenance requirements ZTR vs "lawn tractor"
I ended up buying a used Walker MTGHS. I'll be collecting the grass for composting and weed control in the garden.

It's an outfront mower so the deck flips up for easy blade access and cleaning.

/ Maintenance requirements ZTR vs "lawn tractor"
Here's an update about the Walker I bought. I've used it 4 times now and I really like it. I spent an hour greasing it today before I mowed. There are over 30 grease zerks on it and over 30 places to be oiled. That is a good thing but it's time consuming.

I'm amazed at how much grass I collected when I mowed today. I filled the 7 bushel hopper over 9 times. That's about 3 cubic yards of grass clippings! I'm going to till them into our new garden. I don't have to collect it and sometimes I'll just blow it back on the lawn to promote growth, but right now it's nice when the grass is growing so fast.

I really love the rear discharge deck that allows you to collect grass and still trim with both sides. Being able to lift the deck for cleaning and blade changing is a big plus too.

It's not the fastest mower out there but it trims around things so nicely and follows the contour of the lawn so well with the front mounted deck, I think it makes up for the lack of speed.

Kevin

/ Maintenance requirements ZTR vs "lawn tractor" #13  
The ZTR will mow circles around the lawn tractor. With my commercial model I sharpen the blades probably every 8 hours or so of use, and replace them maybe every 50-70 hours. The ZTR will chew up blades quicker, but you will be using it fewer hours because it mows quicker.