Major structural failure on L4610 - ouch !!

/ Major structural failure on L4610 - ouch !! #101  
"but Kubota has been progressively degrading the design of the lift area on the rear of the L's. My in-laws just bought a L4630, about a month ago and I couldn't believe how thin the metal was and where the third arm was attached. Just look at were the third arm is attached, it is not attached to the transmission case but rather the the top. Where the third arm is attached is just two pieces of what appears to be 3/16 pieces of angle. Nothing in the area is what I would view a robust. "

What, a Kubota in the family, what next, is it HST! Sacriledge! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Actually Jerry, the two pieces of steel are 3/8" not 3/16", huge difference. They attach via 6 bolts, 2 in the upper lift arm area, 4 into the transmission housing itself. Lots of steel, way more then enough. It has 3 positions for the top link to attach to. You mention 3rd arm or upper link being attached at the top, yes, it attaches near the upper part of the back of the transmission, not on the top. If attached any lower it would be in the PTO and we'd call it a 3rd lower link I'll post a picture to show folks whats what and why your post is really off the mark. I much prefer the current Kubota setup over the ones in the past. Not even a Massey could pull it apart. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Rat...

/ Major structural failure on L4610 - ouch !!
Mike - Still no update that I know of. I left a voicemail for the owner a couple nights ago but haven't heard back. It's a pretty busy time of year for him so he may be using the tractor as-is for now.

/ Major structural failure on L4610 - ouch !! #103  
Rat,
I will look at it again and if I remember I will take a picture and measure it with the calipers. I don't think that my memory is that bad, /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif but it maybe.