Making switch from Green to Orange

/ Making switch from Green to Orange #11  
Yep. After moving the ROPS down on an L3301 I use to own I just left it up. My MX5400 is the same way. Fortunately my outdoor metal carport is high enough to park it with ROPS up.
Since Kubota is the first tractor I ever purchased the treadle pedal was a non-issue. I would find it more difficult using a two pedal system that's opposite of a car (brake on right side and accelerator on left).
Except for the QH15 you have the same setup as mine.

/ Making switch from Green to Orange #12  
On our similar size Kubota M59, I found the FEL loader controls, steering, and such the same as you have - not very comfortable to reach seated. After some thought, I decided the problem was the seat was low so raised it a couple of inches. That made everything fall into place. I'll attach somepictures.

I added a Home Depot gate latch to hold the 4wd lever in place (I kept hitting it with my foot). You may want to do that if you have the same problem. Photo below

Looking at your treadle photo, I don't believe mine is shaped like yours. I'll have to take another look.
Using my heel didn't work for me, so I use my toes to push down both for forward and for reverse by moving my foot back and forth. Have you tried that? Is there room to do so? For me it has become instinctive. Kubota owners eventually get used to the treadle; I'm not sure how many actually prefer it.

Anyway, Looking at your treadle makes me wonder how many shapes of treadles Kubota has made? And although we hear comments about the treadle system when people first start to use it, not many have taken the effort to modify it. So my guess is the treadle is something one gets used to fairly easily. Otherwise we would see both mods & aftermarket kits.

rScotty

Attachments

• Parts to raise seat.JPG
    Parts to raise seat.JPG
    303.4 KB · Views: 131
  • seat riser installed.JPG
    seat riser installed.JPG
    277.9 KB · Views: 132
  • 4x4 latch_2.JPG
    4x4 latch_2.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 134
   / Making switch from Green to Orange #13  
I will jump on with he treadle pedal dislike. One reason i chose Bobcat. But i am sure one can get used to a treadle......

/ Making switch from Green to Orange #14  
Looking at your treadle photo, I don't believe mine is shaped like yours. I'll have to take another look.
Using my heel didn't work for me, so I use my toes to push down both for forward and for reverse by moving my foot back and forth. Have you tried that? Is there room to do so? For me it has become instinctive. Kubota owners eventually get used to the treadle; I'm not sure how many actually prefer it.
Looks like his treadle placement basically requires you to use your heel for reverse. Especially if wearing big clunky boots.

/ Making switch from Green to Orange
On our similar size Kubota M59, I found the FEL loader controls, steering, and such the same as you have - not very comfortable to reach seated. After some thought, I decided the problem was the seat was low so raised it a couple of inches. That made everything fall into place. I'll attach somepictures.

I added a Home Depot gate latch to hold the 4wd lever in place (I kept hitting it with my foot). You may want to do that if you have the same problem. Photo below

Anyway, Looking at your treadle makes me wonder how many shapes of treadles Kubota has made? And although we hear comments about the treadle system when people first start to use it, not many have taken the effort to modify it. So my guess is the treadle is something one gets used to fairly easily. Otherwise we would see both mods & aftermarket kits.

rScotty
Good thought about the seat. That could definitely be an option when I finally decide if I am going to change something.

/ Making switch from Green to Orange #16  
On our similar size Kubota M59, I found the FEL loader controls, steering, and such the same as you have - not very comfortable to reach seated. After some thought, I decided the problem was the seat was low so raised it a couple of inches. That made everything fall into place. I'll attach somepictures.....

Nice Mr Scott. I have been adding such wooden pieces to my automobile seats for years. It does make a big difference!

/ Making switch from Green to Orange #17  
Is the backhoe going to come with a sub frame? Seems like they would have gone ahead with installing the power beyond for the backhoe.

/ Making switch from Green to Orange #18  
Looks like his treadle placement basically requires you to use your heel for reverse. Especially if wearing big clunky boots.
MX5400 of mine was best reversed by lifting the front of the treadle with my toes. My heel was too innacurate.

/ Making switch from Green to Orange #20  
Welcome to the MX club. I just hit 100 hours on my 5400; what a great machine. I went with gear drive on mine. What dealer did you go with?

Attachments

• nt.jpg
    nt.jpg
    741.1 KB · Views: 361