Making the decision to buy a Ventrac

/ Making the decision to buy a Ventrac #11  
The Versa loader will not pick any more or dig anymore than the 48" bucket, look at the video the only thing they load is mulch...... I dig top soil that I can see over the hood, that is bank dirt ...... jim

/ Making the decision to buy a Ventrac #12  
Generally speaking, you shouldn't be "carrying" weight high with the loader on any machine. Scoop, raise to a minimum transport height. Drive, then raise to dump height.

/ Making the decision to buy a Ventrac #13  
I dig top soil that I can see over the hood, that is bank dirt ...... jim

I'm not sure what that sentence means. could you explain further?

/ Making the decision to buy a Ventrac #14  
I'm not sure what that sentence means. could you explain further?

I forget not many equipment operators on here. When I'm digging with the power bucket I have loaded so much in the bucket I could see the dirt in the bucket over the hood while seated..... thats called heaped...... Now that is original ground I'm digging not a loose pile......BTW I have been running equipment for 50 years... jim

/ Making the decision to buy a Ventrac #15  
You don't drive equipment......... jim

/ Making the decision to buy a Ventrac #16  
I own and use both. I have a SCUT with a 4' rotary cutter, a CUT with an 8' rotary cutter, and a Ventrac with tough cut.

Once I got the Ventrac, I now bush hog almost exclusively with it. It's so much faster over the ground that I can mow areas with the smaller tough cut than dragging the 8' rotary cutter behind the tractor. In my CUT I mow about 3mph, usually 5mph with the Ventrac. Only if its hot do I use the cab tractor for mowing instead of the Ventrac. But I usually mow early in the day when it is cool.

My slopes *never* got mowed before the Ventrac. They were a constant problem and maintenance headache to weedeat. Or to just ignore. That's primarily why I bought a Ventrac, and I got the double wheel kit for the slopes. I run out of courage before it runs out of grab onto side slopes. But I don't mow wet stuff on a slope.

Which model are you considering? I bought a 4500Y diesel. But the gas versions have more power. And all versions are stupid expensive. Pound for pound about double the cost of my other equipment.

/ Making the decision to buy a Ventrac #17  
Yes you pay the price to work on a steep hills and not have to look behind you..... Jim

/ Making the decision to buy a Ventrac #18  
I forgot one other difference.

The front mounted Ventrac tough cut cuts better than a rear rotary cutter. It cuts first, then your wheels drive over the cut area.

With my tractor, the tires push the weeds and grasses down, the mower passes over, and some of the weeds and grasses then pop back up. Not a deal breaker reason to choose one or the other, but it is a difference.

/ Making the decision to buy a Ventrac #19  
I forgot one other difference.

The front mounted Ventrac tough cut cuts better than a rear rotary cutter. It cuts first, then your wheels drive over the cut area.

With my tractor, the tires push the weeds and grasses down, the mower passes over, and some of the weeds and grasses then pop back up. Not a deal breaker reason to choose one or the other, but it is a difference.

Plus you have to turn around to to see it happen, at my age turning around is tuff ...... jim

/ Making the decision to buy a Ventrac #20  
at my age turning around is tuff
Understood. I buy the best "air ride" or suspension seats on every tractor I get-- and I still wish for a smoother ride. Didn't much care about that just a few decades ago ....