Making wiring protection under tractor floorboards

/ Making wiring protection under tractor floorboards #1  

rickyb01

Silver Member
Tractor
1976 Deutz 3006 1962 John Deere 1010
I have been broke down twice now because of brush hitting the wires that run underneath the NH workmaster 70 tractor I have. I mean what were they thinking when running those wires there open to anything. Has anybody designed a protective box to bolt under each floorboard on right and left side. This will protect the neutral safety switch and clutch switch. I’m brainstorming right now but will come up with something.

/ Making wiring protection under tractor floorboards #2  
You could build a full skid plate to protect everything... this was for a JD 4066, built about 5 years ago... had a full cage over the cab too. Owner had too much money and a tendency to operate the tractor like it was a dozer... Marv Hemyer would have been proud of this skid plate.

20170420_154150.jpg

/ Making wiring protection under tractor floorboards #3  
Not familiar with what the wiring looks like under it, but sometimes a simple fix with zip ties and/or duct tape is all you need to snug the wires out of harms way.

/ Making wiring protection under tractor floorboards #4  
I'd like to see some pictures of where your wires are that they are getting damaged.

Maybe consider renting one of these before taking the tractor in
1664016189645.jpeg

/ Making wiring protection under tractor floorboards #5  
You could build a full skid plate to protect everything... this was for a JD 4066, built about 5 years ago... had a full cage over the cab too. Owner had too much money and a tendency to operate the tractor like it was a dozer... Marv Hemyer would have been proud of this skid plate.

View attachment 763766

That is awesome! I would definitely buy one as much of my land is scattered with >2’ boulders where you’d least expect them.

/ Making wiring protection under tractor floorboards
Here are the wire connectors and I have them zip tied up. That doesn’t stop sticks from hitting them and ripping wire out. I’m going have to come up with some protection. It’s bush hogging and I will run over 1-2” brush. I would love to have a skid steer but not in the budget. I do have a heavy duty bush hog rated for 4” trees but I would never run over anything like that.

Attachments

• 6B98B29F-CCAC-4638-80F0-6A13172D17D0.jpeg
    6B98B29F-CCAC-4638-80F0-6A13172D17D0.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 61
   / Making wiring protection under tractor floorboards #7  
Here are the wire connectors and I have them zip tied up. That doesn’t stop sticks from hitting them and ripping wire out. I’m going have to come up with some protection. It’s bush hogging and I will run over 1-2” brush. I would love to have a skid steer but not in the budget. I do have a heavy duty bush hog rated for 4” trees but I would never run over anything like that.

Maybe just cut a small piece of plywood in a shape to fit the area snugly where the wires are, drill a few holes in it to line up with some of the platform holes, and then just use heavy duty zip ties or bolts with washers through the platform holes and plywood holes to hold it up.

/ Making wiring protection under tractor floorboards
I’m thinking about using some mesh panel welded to 1” square tube. Probably be this winter before I can start on it.