Manual Regen?

/ Manual Regen? #1  

Hdoilcan

Gold Member
Tractor
2018 KIOTI CK3510SE CAB, 2475L BACKHOE, 72 BOX BLADE, 72 REAR BLADE, 72 LANDSCAPE RAKE, 1,250 LB 55 GAL DRUM BALLAST, 2018 FERRIS IS 700Z, 26HP 810 VANGUARD ENGINE
Let's say your tractor went into regen approx every 30 hrs. Can you manually have it go into regen let say 5-10 hrs after the last regen? My dealer told me to wait till the temp gauge is at the halfway mark and then press the regen button. I did this and nothing happens.

/ Manual Regen? #2  
Based on my Kubota, no. It won't just let you start a regen until it felt that one was needed. I used the tractor lightly, and it would do one ever 10 hours or so.

/ Manual Regen? #3  
Not sure about Kioti, but my Kubota cannot be forced to regen before it's ready. I will say that these machines should be run and not left idling at low rpms for extended periods. My new machine got up to 34% , then after an hour of full rpm mower work it dropped to 22%.

/ Manual Regen? #4  
No you can't do a manual regen unless the tractor is requiring one. Why are you wanting to do a manual one if its not needed?

/ Manual Regen?
No you can't do a manual regen unless the tractor is requiring one. Why are you wanting to do a manual one if its not needed?
I've been having my service engine light come on again lately and they already took it in before when it was on and wouldn't go into regen so he told me to manually put it into regen. This was Friday afternoon and I have to call back on Monday to let him know but figured I'd ask the true experts here first :)

/ Manual Regen? #6  
I see, keep us updated as to what you find out. Is the check engine light going off at times on its own, I know that if the dpf reaches around 130% it will turn on the engine light and dearth the throttle to about 1/3. When this happens the dealer has to hook up the tractor to the computer to reset the system and do a manual regen.

/ Manual Regen? #7  
I've been having my service engine light come on again lately and they already took it in before when it was on and wouldn't go into regen so he told me to manually put it into regen. This was Friday afternoon and I have to call back on Monday to let him know but figured I'd ask the true experts here first :)

I have gotten a CEL a few times this winter, but it goes away on the next start-up. I have used cardboard to block-off much of my radiator for cold weather, so that the tractor runs hotter and cleaner. When my CEL would come on, the engine was warmed up and under load. Hopefully its only cold weather related, I have been reading about other people getting a Check Engine Light on their Kioti's.

/ Manual Regen? #8  
Run it hard. That's what they're made to do. If you're getting off the tractor for more than a couple of minutes shut it down.

/ Manual Regen? #9  
Run it hard. That's what they're made to do. If you're getting off the tractor for more than a couple of minutes shut it down.

I agree with RPW. If you have a DPF equipped machine, run it hard and hot to keep the DPF from plugging frequently.

Sure don't enjoy seeing you guys have these DPF system glitches and hope they get worked out soon, but it does make me feel somewhat better/validated about going the non DPF Tier IV final route with the filterless mCRD design.

We run the tractor around at low throttle and idle frequently when doing chores around the house, and although there is a touch of the old school "tractor" odor at low RPM, I have no worries about a filter plugging or regens. The other 75% of running at higher throttle for mowing and ground engagement provides even cleaner exhaust as the DOC continually converts the noxious fumes and particles.

It would be interesting to see if those with new Tier IV DPF equipped machines who run their tractors casually, (a user like me), are having more issues than the commercial or HD users who are plowing or mowing at wide open throttle all day. Might be good feedback for the manufacturers who have decided to use DPFs in what might be more of a casual user market that many CUT owners end up in. Or it could help them educate users better, OR they could even consider changing their throttle position controllers to have only an idle, and then wide open setting like an "on/off" switch. That would not be my preference, but might allow the DPF systems to have fewer challenges.

/ Manual Regen? #10  
With an HST transmission I could see either a wide open throttle or idle. Wouldn't like it but could see it. My tractor doesn't have DPF but my truck does. Can definitely tell running highway verses city.