MARVIN FROM BARLOWS STRUCK AGAIN.!!!

/ MARVIN FROM BARLOWS STRUCK AGAIN.!!! #1  

JOHNTHOMAS

Tractor
F2690 4WD RTV X1140 MX5400 HST ZD1211
Marvin picked up B2620 HST FEL BH 3ph arms/upper link 73 hours yesterday which Barlows has for sale now for $18000.
He dropped off my new BX25D. Don't like the brake on the left or have to get used to brake on left. The BX motor just purrs compared to the B motors. Got new styles of hats when I went by to sign papers and get my check.
Missed meeting a TBN customer from NY, Gary told me later. He was going out the door to hook up trailer.
Lets see if pics will load again.

Attachments

• IMG_1037.jpg
    IMG_1037.jpg
    671.6 KB · Views: 445
   / MARVIN FROM BARLOWS STRUCK AGAIN.!!!
IMG_1038.jpgIMG_1039.jpgIMG_1040.jpg
OK, looks like I've hit an open window for pic uploading after several trys.

/ MARVIN FROM BARLOWS STRUCK AGAIN.!!! #3  
ohhhhh .. you make my head hurt!!! I dont know HOW you really can afford to trade up and down that many kubotas!!!!!!

/ MARVIN FROM BARLOWS STRUCK AGAIN.!!! #4  
ohhhhh .. you make my head hurt!!! I dont know HOW you really can afford to trade up and down that many kubotas!!!!!!

Heck, I'd try to do it but my wife would kill me.

Heck, I'd try to do it but my wife would kill me.

My wife of 21 years just wants me to be happy :D and she learned several years ago that she's wasting her breath trying to keep me from trading cars/trucks/tractors. I also buy her about anything she wants, she just doesn't want much which makes it much easier. :) She really isn't a big spender.:dance1:
The key is to buy at a decent price and trade at a decent price. I don't expect to buy at cost and sell at retail but I do expect a decent cost and a decent trade back in. Could I get more selling straight out.....maybe, but it would have to be at least 6% more because of the state sales tax which is due on a straight purchase but not on a trade. Also not always up to dealing with the idiots and trying to be thieves thinking I'm desperate to sell. I have sold a couple myself and went OK but prefer to just trade mwith Steve Barlow.

/ MARVIN FROM BARLOWS STRUCK AGAIN.!!! #6  
I can see why you traded. 73 hours, you about wore that one out!

/ MARVIN FROM BARLOWS STRUCK AGAIN.!!! #7  
Quote: "The BX motor just purrs compared to the B motors."

Really? My neighbours new BX 2370.....you think the motor is going to jump right out of it when you start or engage the PTO.

/ MARVIN FROM BARLOWS STRUCK AGAIN.!!! #8  
Marvin picked up B2620 HST FEL BH 3ph arms/upper link 73 hours yesterday which Barlows has for sale now for $18000.
He dropped off my new BX25D. Don't like the brake on the left or have to get used to brake on left. The BX motor just purrs compared to the B motors. Got new styles of hats when I went by to sign papers and get my check.
Missed meeting a TBN customer from NY, Gary told me later. He was going out the door to hook up trailer.
Lets see if pics will load again.

JT, I'm very happy for you! It is nice you are able to have what suits you best! :)

I don't have any experience with the BX line-up. Could you elaborate on your statement? Just curious!

/ MARVIN FROM BARLOWS STRUCK AGAIN.!!! #9  

I spoke with Steve Barlow today - he was asking how I liked my 2620 and he mentioned that he has this tractor for sale. Sounds like whoever buys it will be getting a great tractor, in great shape.

JT, I'm very happy for you! It is nice you are able to have what suits you best! :)

I don't have any experience with the BX line-up. Could you elaborate on your statement? Just curious!

Have owned a BX2200, BX2350, BX1500, BX2660, BX25 and now BX25D. Also have owned a B7800, B3200, B2320 and B2620. When the engine is running at operating level on the BXs they run smooth compared to all of the Bs I've owned when they are running at the operating level. Have owned an L3240 but don't remember much about it, think it was smoother running than the Bs. Just a part of Bs and a part of BXs.:2cents:
Different implements on the 3ph require a different amount of force with the torque of the engine and rpm running when engaged being important. Not sure it changes my statement of the BX engine on my new BX25D just purrs compared to the B2620 that I stepped off of to get on the BX25D. The B2620 ran about like all of the other Bs I've owned. I've owned 3 different Fs, still own 2 of them and they run between the BXs and B in smooth/vibration.
My BX1500 idled awful unless it was revved up and would shake like a wet dog when I turned it off but at operating level the engine ran smooth and did so with mowing deck engaged.
The Bs vibrate more than the BXs is all I know to say. Not saying Bs are bad, just saying BXs are better (now that I'm back in the BX fold:D:D:D) no, just different. I did a post on a side by side comparison one time between a B3200 and a BX2660 I owned at the same time. The conclusion was/is they are just different with one being no better than the other ....just different. Bs have higher ground clearance, no question about that but both will get the job done, I just prefer the smaller sub compact now that I have most of my major dirt/rock moving work done. If I were back to just starting my home construction and major landscaping, I'd go for a B over a BX.....actually that's what I did 10 years ago when I found out a Kubota subcompact BX2200 FEL MMM 4wd was a tractor and not just a lifetime mower with a high priced wheelbarrow on the front. Once I discovered the ability of the BX Kubota in one year and I decided I wanted to take on more of my taming of the wooded, rocky, gullied hillside I traded for a BX1500MMM for mowing and a B7800FEL for tractoring and kept both of them for 3 years mowing and tractoring. Got foolish with the bigger is better and traded B7800 to and L3240 which was a mistake and traded the L3240 shortly later to a B3200. See a pattern? I like the Bs when the work demands are greater but when the work demands get less and jjust mostly maintaining instead of new projects........BX is for me.:cool2: