Massey 135 Barn Find

/ Massey 135 Barn Find
So the aftermarket fuel bowl was replaced with an AGCO one the same as the original at x3 the price... But it doesn't leak.

TIRES!
How bad can you runs tires and expect them to not blow? My fronts have pretty good cracks but they have held air for 3 months. The rears are better but the rims are rotten. There is a small spot where I can push in and feel tube. I want to drive this thing to my farm 4 miles away and back to do some work and want the rubber to hold. There are some brush piles to move and some work to do this weekend!

IMG_0100.jpg

IMG_0096.jpg

I waxed the brightwork, she looks fantastic and I've put an hour on it with no leaks or problems other than the throttle will back off from full but it will stay at the 540 PTO RPM setting so I'm going to leave it for now.

IMG_0083.jpg

IMG_0086.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg

/ Massey 135 Barn Find #132  
zslnk said:
So the aftermarket fuel bowl was replaced with an AGCO one the same as the original at x3 the price... But it doesn't leak.

TIRES!
How bad can you runs tires and expect them to not blow? My fronts have pretty good cracks but they have held air for 3 months. The rears are better but the rims are rotten. There is a small spot where I can push in and feel tube. I want to drive this thing to my farm 4 miles away and back to do some work and want the rubber to hold. There are some brush piles to move and some work to do this weekend!

I waxed the brightwork, she looks fantastic and I've put an hour on it with no leaks or problems other than the throttle will back off from full but it will stay at the 540 PTO RPM setting so I'm going to leave it for now.

You could always put some tubes in them and run them quite a while. I've seen alot worse. You might want to put some new rear rims on your wish list in the future. Where the rear tires fill with liquid?

Last edited:
   / Massey 135 Barn Find
The fronts and rears have tubes. The rears are fluid filled.

/ Massey 135 Barn Find #134  
zslnk said:
The fronts and rears have tubes. The rears are fluid filled.

Your good to go for a while. Get some seat time and put tires in future budgets It cleaned really nice. What about the yard mower. What did you ever do about it? What was it a 10 or 12. It looked in pretty good shape. Keep it running. it would make a nice companion if you ever sold the 135.

/ Massey 135 Barn Find #136  
In this thread I showed the rims I repaired. It's an easy welding job and a lot cheaper than new rims.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...g-operating/247962-our-mf150-diesel-pics.html

If all his rim attachment points are that bad, it would be worth buying new w/bolts and only the rims or good used rims and refurbish them. That's 16 points he would have to cut out and then he would have to find donor rims for the parts. For one spot repair, I agree. If he has a bone yard within a few hours drive it would be worth the trip.

/ Massey 135 Barn Find #137  
Got any pics of the implements? Would love to see the whole deal in use. :thumbsup:

/ Massey 135 Barn Find
I'll get some implement pics once I get them out. Here is the bush hog. Original with no nicks in the blades. I needed to buy a top-link, this is just as I dragged it out. I checked the oil, gave it a once over and installed a top-link and bush hogged about an acre of tall grass. Worked perfectly.
photo.jpg

The tractor 'bites' into gear quite a bit. With the RPM's high and in any gear when I engage the HIGH/LOW shifter I get pretty good gear grind/bite. Also, with the clutch down 1/2 way, when I put it in gear the tractor lurches forward a bit which tells me the clutch is grabbing. Do the RPM's need to be low to shift the boxes? It seems to help. If the clutch is dragging a bit from residual rust on the surfaces I suspect it will correct itself with some use.

/ Massey 135 Barn Find
I sold the riding mower, it paid for 1 OEM Perkins piston! About $400. ha!

/ Massey 135 Barn Find #140  
Very nicely done, great outcome.

I love seeing these Back to the Future projects work out.

Rgds, D.